crank is amazing

ss397

crank is amazing
« on: 22 Jan 2007, 06:22 pm »
his movie was a total thrill ride. excellent fast paced action. jason straham is becoming a mega star making films like this

jakepunk

Re: crank is amazing
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2007, 08:53 pm »
I didn't like it.  I thought the premise was silly, and the public sex scene was stupid.   It was just one long chase sequence.  I wanted a plot to underpin all that action.

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2007, 09:16 pm »
I'm a big Statham fan and had high expectations for this flick. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as much of a home run as I'd hoped. I liked the Transporter films better, but I hope he continues getting action roles.

If you guys want a truly kick-ass action flick, check out District B-13!

arthurs

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2007, 09:47 pm »
I thought this thread was about something else..... :lol: :lol:

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2007, 09:59 pm »
I thought it to be almost laughably bad.
I was expecting more, I laughed maybe two times.
And was almost apologetic to my wife for making her watch it.
I normally go easy on entertainment unless it's really bad, this was almost really bad for me.

To remind myself how this "fast pace" type of movie can be done better I watched Run Lola Run again and that was as enjoyable as it was when I first saw it.

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2007, 10:21 pm »
I was dissapointed, I thought it was far too cheesy.  Agree that the public sex scene was so over the top that it wasn't even fun to watch.   :o

PeteG

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2007, 11:27 pm »
I was dissapointed, I thought it was far too cheesy.  Agree that the public sex scene was so over the top that it wasn't even fun to watch.   :o
I agree, some parts were good and the PQ on this DVD was great.

mjosef

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2007, 06:44 am »
I love Jason, but this was his worst film to date...silly story, bad sequencing...some of the action was good, but I think he is diluting himself. He deserves better roles than this.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2007, 06:48 am »
Hmmm...I've pretty much loved all his films, and I thought Crank was easily his best to date.  I thought the visual style was very innovative, and the "gimmick" was amusing.

Folsom

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jan 2007, 08:25 am »
I am a huge fan of Jason Statham. However I have to say that the previews of Crank looked like it woudl be amazing.....ly...... FREAKING AWFUL!

Transporter sucked so bad I could not pay anything, probably not even my time, to see the second. The only entertaining part was the first chase scene, for awhile anyways. I have a serious problem with movies that are based around something that turns out to be unrealistic most of the entire time. In this such movie, the action sequences were not even boarderline impossible, they were stupid.

I like him in Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Italian Job (hardly remember, possibility I may not like it now), and Mean Machine. At least in Italian Job he was a good character. The "chase scene" that was part of his history, was freaking sweet.

Night_Train

« Reply #10 on: 23 Jan 2007, 01:24 pm »
I am a huge fan of Jason Statham. However I have to say that the previews of Crank looked like it woudl be amazing.....ly...... FREAKING AWFUL! I like him in Snatch

Another "Man Crush." Clive is going to be jealous! Only if because you gave him tongue first....hehehehe.

Ears

« Reply #11 on: 15 Feb 2007, 11:09 pm »
DVD...what are those?
Now Crank on Blu Ray is mind boggling visual feast. 8)

The_KiD

« Reply #12 on: 15 Feb 2007, 11:46 pm »
Crank is a horrible horrible film.. I watched for 25 minutes and turned it off. Put in the Netflix envelope and off it went..

Dissapointing..

KiD

2bigears

« Reply #13 on: 16 Feb 2007, 12:43 am »
----ONE DUMP SHOW ,PERIOD---- hollyweed is running out of good shows fast!!!! :D :roll: :D

Digi-G

« Reply #14 on: 20 Feb 2007, 09:35 pm »
Sorry, I couldn't make it past the first 25 minutes either.  The phrase "warm and steamy pile" came to mind.  And the music...    :roll:

LadyDog

« Reply #15 on: 20 Feb 2007, 09:49 pm »
Agree with the general consensus, not worth even the price of dvd admission.

navi

« Reply #16 on: 20 Feb 2007, 11:42 pm »
I wasn't dissapointed at Crank because it was what I expected (predictable, weak plot, and that dumb sex scene in public!)