Worst Movie of all time...again?

jasonc

« Reply #40 on: 24 Jan 2006, 01:25 am »
In the poplular movie genre my vote goes to Twister (1996).  I just had (and still do) a really tough time believing there are "bad guy" storm chasers in this world.  I found this movie to be in incredibly lame and really just too satisfied with itself.

I know many will be shocked by this but I also didn't like Kazaam (1996) and Teen Wolf Too, although I thought Jason Bateman was brilliant as the character Todd Howard.

Some other gems that have made this country what it is-
Rhinestone (1984)  Stallone and Dolly Parton equals a lot of things of which none are good
Crossroads (2002)  Stars the irrepressible Britney Spears, didn't actually see this one but my hunch tells me it's safe here
And lastly and least- You Got Served (2002) Yep I did

meby

« Reply #41 on: 24 Jan 2006, 01:59 am »
I think the Godzilla remake was pretty bad, what I saw of it.  I tried to watch it twice and fell asleep both times.

pugs

« Reply #42 on: 24 Jan 2006, 02:13 am »
I just watched Anchorman and it was pretty bad.  It still made me laugh though.

jermmd

« Reply #43 on: 24 Jan 2006, 03:52 am »
Quote from: Destroyer of Smiles.
Battlefield Earth was ridiculous on too many levels.

I am sorry but how did they take back the planet with some older F16's or some thing, and yet they could not fight off any of the original invasion?

Wow I am so glad I remmeber just about nothing in that movie.

Battlefield Earth. That''s the one. P.U. stinky.

Scott F.

« Reply #44 on: 24 Jan 2006, 04:21 am »
Boy, Battlefield Earth is sure getting beat up  :lol:  Trouble is I sorta liked it in a mindless movie kinda way.

For me (and this is only me) anything with Ben Stiller in it I can't stomach. his movies would go right to the top of my 'worst list'. Meet the Parents, Zoolander and so many others. And while I'm at it its like I've taken syrup of ipicack (sp) when I watch Owen Wilson too. Again, this must be only me cuz their movies sure seem to make money.

Somebody mentioned Crossroads. The stinker that came to mind was the one with Ralph Machio. Forget that Steve Via was in it, that movie stank!

Oh and don't forget Iron Eagle (and all the sequels) with Louis Gossett Jr. That one was pretty bad too.

Some of Adam Sandlers work could use an air freshener too but I have to admit I laughed out loud at Water Boy.

Folsom

« Reply #45 on: 24 Jan 2006, 06:28 am »
Quote from: pugs
I just watched Anchorman and it was pretty bad.  It still made me laugh though.

Well it succeeded as a comedy. I found it to be my second favorite comedy movie ever. My first is The Big Lebowski. Odd humor I suppose....

PhilNYC

« Reply #46 on: 24 Jan 2006, 01:18 pm »
Quote from: Scott F.
Somebody mentioned Crossroads. The stinker that came to mind was the one with Ralph Machio. Forget that Steve Via was in it, that movie stank!...

Hey, I liked that movie!  "The Blues aint' nothin' but a good man feelin' bad".  Awesome!  :thumb:

Scott F.

« Reply #47 on: 19 Feb 2006, 08:15 pm »
OK, I've got another nomanee for a really rotten movie....

Dollman vs. The Demonic Toys

13" of Attitude, Tim Thomerson plays an intergallactic cop blasting the hell out of demonic toys (the toys being borrowed from other Full Moon Entertainment movies like Killer Clowns From Outer Space and Baby Oopsy-Daisy from Demonic Toys). The only thing redeeming about this movie is Tracy Scoggins and Mellisa Behr.

As I was going though my moms old video tape collection, I ran across this one and just got finished watching it. Its 64 minutes of (possibly) the campiest film footage ever shot. It's so bad, that its almost entertaining.

Carlman

« Reply #48 on: 19 Feb 2006, 08:49 pm »
I saw Velvet Goldmine and thought it was pretty bad... lots of filler to make a simplistic point during the glam-rock scene.  I thought it would've been cool to watch something about 'Slade' but it was about 'Brian Slade'... they just used the name and glam-rock genre, though...

It kind of ticked me off using the name 'Slade' to represent 'Maxwell Demon' (a Ziggy Stardust/David Bowie equivalent).  It's as if they went out of their way to make up some history that didn't exist... and then they played sappy, slow glam rock during most of it.

All of that after the opening credits suggest that this movie be played at full volume.   :roll:   It was like listening to someone hype themselves as a great story-teller, only to suck.... and then get the facts wrong, while sucking. ;)

I like the 'glam rock' story and thought it'd be fun to rent this after seeing 'Hedwig and the angry inch'... which was a much better movie.  Both of these were very gay and I did not know that going into it so just letting you know if you want to watch either of these.  However, I hope you'd skip Velvet Goldmine... junk.  Hedgewig rocked... the music was worth the rental alone.

-C

Dokter_doug

« Reply #49 on: 19 Feb 2006, 08:56 pm »
Megladon is an unmitigated disaster from beginning to end. It is so bad that my family and I  watched it twice, just to fully appreciate how truly bad it really is. And to this day, every time we see it on the shelves in our local video store we collectively stop, point, and laugh. It's so bad, as a matter of fact, that I'd actually recommend it, just so others can appreciate its magnificent awfulness.

Doug

Tweaker

« Reply #50 on: 19 Feb 2006, 09:15 pm »
Sorority Babes In The Slime Ball Bowl-O-Rama. I kid you not. I watched it years ago and it was as bad as it's name. And what a name! Right up there with Space Sluts In The Slammer, Which I have not seen. (But would kinda like to!).

Scott F.

« Reply #51 on: 19 Feb 2006, 11:35 pm »
Oh, another one just popped into my head for some reason,

Beowulf with Christopher Lambert

I liked the Highlander series of movies in a popcorn sorta way but this one stank! PU!

bubba966

« Reply #52 on: 20 Feb 2006, 12:19 am »
Oh, another one just popped into my head for some reason,

Beowulf with Christopher Lambert

I liked the Highlander series of movies in a popcorn sorta way but this one stank! PU!

Hmm, I was kinda thinking about picking that one up at some point (I've not seen it though).

Maybe if it's one of those $5 DVD's... :lol:

srb

« Reply #53 on: 20 Feb 2006, 02:02 am »
Don't think anyone has yet mentioned 1997's "Mimic" starring Mira Sorvino, Jeremy Northam, Charles Dutton & Josh Brolin.

"A disease is killing the children of New York City. Since the common roach is the carrier of this plague, Dr. Susan (Sorvino) creates a super cockroach (called The Judas Breed) to eliminate the standard ones. The problem is that instead of dying off like they're supposed to, the Judas Breed grows and evolves to take on its only predator…man."

A true stinker!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #54 on: 20 Feb 2006, 02:08 am »
Quote from: srb
Don't think anyone has yet mentioned 1997's "Mimic" starring Mira Sorvino, Jeremy Northam, Charles Dutton & Josh Brolin.

"A disease is killing the children of New York City. Since the common roach is the carrier of this plague, Dr. Susan (Sorvino) creates a super cockroach (called The Judas Breed) to eliminate the standard ones. The problem is that instead of dying off like they're supposed to, the Judas Breed grows and evolves to take on its only predator…man."

A true stinker!

Hmmm....I actually liked that one. :oops:

bubba966

« Reply #55 on: 20 Feb 2006, 02:19 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Quote from: srb

A true stinker!

Hmmm....I actually liked that one. :oops:

Well, you're not the only one... :lol:

Scott F.

« Reply #56 on: 20 Feb 2006, 02:46 am »
I bet it was because of Mira Sorvino  :lol:

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
« Reply #57 on: 20 Feb 2006, 02:55 am »
I have to agree with the Bo Derek comment, they stunk it up for sure.

My wife and I tried to watch "life Aquatic" with Bill Murray and I have to say that was a really awful, unfortunate movie, and I love Bill too.

srb

« Reply #58 on: 20 Feb 2006, 04:25 am »

She wasn't bad looking, even with cockroach slime all over her. 8)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #59 on: 20 Feb 2006, 04:38 am »

Am I that transparent? :lol: