Introduction...

BluesDaddy

Introduction...
« on: 2 Apr 2019, 05:10 pm »
Hey all. I've probably interacted with many of you on other audio boards as I've been chatting on the Internet almost before there was one. Not sure why I've never participated in this one before. At any rate, I'm a long time hi-fi and HT hobbyist, having been introduced to the world of hi-fidelity audio by my father in the late 60s as he put together a Dynaco PAT-4 and ST-12, along with a pair of smaller AR loudspeakers (I've no clue what model), a Dual turntable, TEAC R2R, and a tuner (which I don't remember that brand or model, either). Before that he had a mono system built around an EICO tube amp and EICO tube tuner and some monstrously gigantic turntable and a single speaker with a 15 inch woofer and I can't remember what else.

I built my own system my freshman year of college, building my on Dynaco SCA-80 and picking up an AR turntable used at a local "Stereo" Shop. Had some crap speakers that I bought off a friend, not sure what they were now. I even ran my TV through my stereo, opening it up and attaching an RCA cable to the outputs of the tuner - not sure how I figured that out or kept from electrocuting myself - so I was into to "HT" before there was such a thing. And when I got four speakers, I used the built in "Hafler circuit" in the Dynaco to have "surround" sound - not as good as the Quad in those days, but interesting at the time. Over the years I upgraded some, but family and children made that difficult. Now I'm at an age where, if not being able to afford (or willing to spending the money on) EVERYTHING I might like, I've got a system that I think sounds pretty good with speakers and equipment I like. Still into vinyl (or re-into it after going all CD/digital) for awhile, but not because I think it's a superior audio format, but a better LISTENING format for me - it involves me more. Still, I've thousands of CDs ripped to my PC which is connected via HDMI to my pre-pro. I am NOT a Luddite, by any means.

I don't usually do this type of introduction, but saw the "circle" to do it and thought "why the heck not?". Have a great day!!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Introduction...
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2019, 02:55 am »
Welcome Blues Daddy :thumb:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2019, 10:15 am »
Welcome and thanks for the nice introduction.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 3 Apr 2019, 12:25 pm »
Welcome!

rockadanny

« Reply #4 on: 3 Apr 2019, 03:18 pm »
Welcome aboard BluesDaddy  :thumb:
Fellow ATL-er here (Marietta).

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 3 Apr 2019, 10:48 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC BluesDaddy   :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 4 Apr 2019, 08:27 am »
Welcome to AC, Bluesdaddy.

BluesDaddy

« Reply #7 on: 4 Apr 2019, 07:30 pm »
Thanks everybody. So far enjoying reading a lot.

toocool4

« Reply #8 on: 5 Apr 2019, 07:13 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle BluesDaddy