Is this nuts or what?!?

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Is this nuts or what?!?
« Reply #20 on: 8 Feb 2009, 12:18 pm »
I am still not sure if I could fit a Maestro in my room without looking completely awkward, but I want to make sure that if I do, that I am not going to have things so out of control that my wife is going to disown me, and that I will get some more impact (even at moderate listening levels).

IIRC, you have enough room in the back to fit it and still get around fine.  How it 'looks' is a preference thing.  Maybe you can sit a ficus tree on top of it - seriously...

As for the room being out of control - I wouldn't worry about that.  The room is under control and you know what you have based on the 2 existing sub locations. 

Impact?   :o   :peek: Oh hell yes.

Bryan

aaron_hinni

« Reply #21 on: 9 Feb 2009, 05:29 am »
Ordered.

I'll let you all know how it turns out... and how comfortable it is to sleep on ;-)  Thanks all for your input.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #22 on: 9 Feb 2009, 12:32 pm »
Ordered.

I'll let you all know how it turns out... and how comfortable it is to sleep on ;-)  Thanks all for your input.

Saw your order in the system this morning, thanks Aaron! The total will be corrected  :D

You're going to love it!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #23 on: 9 Feb 2009, 02:12 pm »
I knew we'd be selling a lot, but we've sold about twice as many already as I expected! So, as of now, the lead time on these is three-four weeks. Of course we do not charge your CC until nearly ready to ship. Anticipation can be fun  :D

aaron_hinni

« Reply #24 on: 9 Feb 2009, 03:36 pm »
Saw your order in the system this morning, thanks Aaron! The total will be corrected  :D

You're going to love it!

Thanks! I wasn't sure if "as of monday" meant that the shipping discount went away before monday, or after monday.  So I ordered before midnight just in case ;-)  It worked as a lovely negotiation tool with my spouse as well.

Are there any sort of rack ears available for the amp?

Tis going to be tough waiting 3-4 weeks.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #25 on: 9 Feb 2009, 03:58 pm »
Aaron:

-The amp is supplied with removable rackmount brackets :)

-We might be able to ship yours in under 3 weeks, it's the additional orders we've seen already this morning that are getting even more backed up.

aaron_hinni

« Reply #26 on: 9 Feb 2009, 05:22 pm »
Aaron:

-The amp is supplied with removable rackmount brackets :)

-We might be able to ship yours in under 3 weeks, it's the additional orders we've seen already this morning that are getting even more backed up.

Sweet... and sweet!  You've just raised my level of anticipation.  I dig having another Christmas this time of year.

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #27 on: 9 Feb 2009, 05:39 pm »
Hey Aaron.

You know I'm going to expect an invite over when it arrives...

Bryan

aaron_hinni

« Reply #28 on: 9 Feb 2009, 06:46 pm »

Bryan

Wow!  Thanks for offering to come help move the beast when it shows up!  :thumb:

Bryan, you have a standing invite to come over.  You've given me so much help getting my room sounding spectacular, and I've really enjoyed all of our listening sessions.  They almost always cost me more money eventually, but are always educational and enlightening.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #29 on: 9 Feb 2009, 07:15 pm »

Bryan

Wow!  Thanks for offering to come help move the beast when it shows up!  :thumb:

Bryan, you have a standing invite to come over.  You've given me so much help getting my room sounding spectacular, and I've really enjoyed all of our listening sessions.  They almost always cost me more money eventually, but are always educational and enlightening.

Whatever you do, don't forget the ficus tree. I actually use one in my listening room but I chose to place mine on top of my GIK Table Trap. Less chance of it vibrationing off there. :thumb: You're now making me regret I don't find the room for one of these monsters. :duh: :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Darrellx

• Me & Jim Fosgate-03 Emmy 4 Inventng Surround Sound
« Reply #30 on: 10 Feb 2009, 05:23 pm »
Dang you Mike, why do you have to discontinue the best sub on earth for the money? Now I have no choice... must .... buy ... a  pair!! : )

:drool: Well, I'm in for two! (got addicted to stereo subs) :D Ordered them the day I got the email. 

Now who wants to buy my custom stereo pair of Titan 2's?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=64211.msg583843#msg583843

Darrell

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #31 on: 13 Feb 2009, 02:38 pm »
Darrell:

You made the right move for sure :)  You are going to be one very happy camper, thanks!  :D

aaron_hinni

« Reply #32 on: 5 Mar 2009, 01:43 am »
A large homeless shelter showed up on my doorstep today.

It took me a few hours of taking a section of my theater apart to run some speaker wire to my sub location, and tooling around in the equipment rack to get the amp in place (slide out racks are a PITA, especially when you get everything put back in place to realize you forgot to unwrap the power cord from the packaging  :duh: ), but I got to spend about 20 minutes with the Maestro in place.

This thing is scary.  :drool:

NewBuyer

« Reply #33 on: 5 Mar 2009, 07:12 am »
A large homeless shelter showed up on my doorstep today.

...I got to spend about 20 minutes with the Maestro in place.

This thing is scary.  :drool:

Very cool Aaron!

Just think how scary it is, for that hobo living inside of it!   :lol:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #34 on: 6 Mar 2009, 09:06 pm »
PLEASE folks, be safe! You don't know how much sleep I lose worrying about someone hurting themself, or someone they love with one of these beasts  :nono:

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #35 on: 6 Mar 2009, 09:44 pm »
Sweet Aaron.  I would have come over and helped you schlep it downstairs.

Got enough 'impact' for ya?  :wink:

Bryan

Joe_K

« Reply #36 on: 8 Mar 2009, 11:25 pm »
Congratulations Aaron,
That's one fine sub!
Joe

aaron_hinni

« Reply #37 on: 9 Mar 2009, 02:09 pm »
Yes folks, do be careful with this one.  I borrowed a dolly and hoofed it around back to get in my basement.  The dolly was dirty and I didn't want marks on the carpet, so tipped the box over, extracted it from there, rolled it onto it's butt, and then slid it across the carpet.  It slides quite nicely!  Don't even think about lifting the thing.

Bryan, as far as the impact goes.... to quote you from earlier... "oh hell yeah!".  Feel free to come over and play.  I am afraid to put the new Hulk movie in though.  We watched that with the Force XLs in play, and I got that chest thump I've been looking for... it made me question getting the Maestro, thinking that maybe those are good enough for me.  But after spending a few days with the Maestro now, I get that impact everywhere that I expect it.  And it is nice.  It is not overwhelming either.  No boominess, just feel.

Now I have to decide what to do with my other subs, as I really hate to give them up.  I may have to keep one for the other system.

griller

« Reply #38 on: 2 Apr 2009, 11:50 pm »
Any followup on this? Just curious, I am trying to find a way to convince "she who must be obeyed" to allow me to order one of these before they go away. She's a trough sell and anything I can use to convince her is helpful :lol:

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #39 on: 3 Apr 2009, 12:15 am »
It's likely the last sub you'll ever need.

That's always a good line - and will likely be true in this case.

Bryan