ACI Seven Channel Essence V system review ...

Craig Chase

Update ...
« Reply #20 on: 2 Jul 2005, 12:34 pm »
According to the Tracking numbers, the system will be delivered on Thursday, the 7th. There will be no golf for this guy Thursday night ....  :lol:

Mike Dzurko

Re: Update ...
« Reply #21 on: 2 Jul 2005, 02:39 pm »
Quote from: Craig Chase
According to the Tracking numbers, the system will be delivered on Thursday, the 7th. There will be no golf for this guy Thursday night ....  :lol:

Craig:

Watch your back when you carry them in. Not quite as big and heavy as the Maestro, but they're up there :)

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
« Reply #22 on: 4 Jul 2005, 11:30 pm »
I can't speak for every one else, but when I see a new speaker box, that New Toy Adrenaline kicks in. I hardly notice the weight.

I've yet to snatch a Maestro off the curb.

;-)

E

Craig Chase

« Reply #23 on: 5 Jul 2005, 01:08 am »
Quote from: thedeskE
I can't speak for every one else, but when I see a new speaker box, that New Toy Adrenaline kicks in. I hardly notice the weight.

I've yet to snatch a Maestro off the curb.

;-)

E

I just carried a pair of Onix Ref 3's and Energy Veritas 2.4 i's across a 30 foot room, and up a flight of stairs - and then carried a Velodyne DD-18 down those same stairs.

The 55 pound Essence will be a relief after that ...  :lol:

They should be here Thursday - This week, I have a pair of Paradigm 100 V.3's where the Essence V's are going. Seemed like a good comparison speaker for starters ...  8)

thugh

« Reply #24 on: 5 Jul 2005, 01:13 am »
I find that it is the shape that is more of an issue than the weight... speakers can be carried "highland games" style... subwoofers on the other hand!   :lol:

Craig Chase

« Reply #25 on: 5 Jul 2005, 01:18 am »
Quote from: thugh
I find that it is the shape that is more of an issue than the weight... speakers can be carried "highland games" style... subwoofers on the other hand!   :lol:

The Velodyne was not the easiest to carry - same with the 125 pound SVS PB12- Ultras - their size makes them tougher than the Maestro.

There is a new test - SPL in decibels / difficulty in carrying ...  :P

thugh

« Reply #26 on: 5 Jul 2005, 02:13 am »
Quote from: thugh

The Velodyne was not the easiest to carry - same with the 125 pound SVS PB12- Ultras - their size makes them tougher than the Maestro.

There is a new test - SPL in decibels / difficulty in carrying ...  :P

I can imagine! I can't imagine how the UPS guy got my Maestro and Titan up the stairs in front of my place (second story).  They were waiting there when I got home.  I had enough problems moving them into my place unpacked.

Craig Chase

« Reply #27 on: 5 Jul 2005, 04:06 am »
But  - Once you got them inside, it was worth the effort, eh ?  8)

thugh

« Reply #28 on: 5 Jul 2005, 02:09 pm »
But  - Once you got them inside, it was worth the effort, eh ?  8)

Absolutely!

thedeskE

« Reply #29 on: 5 Jul 2005, 10:29 pm »
Research Bandwidth ...........100.00
Speaker Order .........1300 to 4K
Chiropractor ........600.00
Munchies During first 200 hrs ......500.00

First Critical Listen .........Priceless

;-)

E

Craig Chase

« Reply #30 on: 6 Jul 2005, 03:04 am »
Quote from: thedeskE
Research Bandwidth ...........100.00
Speaker Order .........1300 to 4K
Chiropractor ........600.00
Munchies During first 200 hrs ......500.00

First Critical Listen .........Priceless

;-)

E

THAT was perfect ....  :lol:

Craig Chase

« Reply #31 on: 8 Jul 2005, 02:00 am »
Everything is here, set up, and calibrated. MY wife LOVES the look, and right now my 8 year old and I are watching "The Incredibles"...

drunkonjack

« Reply #32 on: 8 Jul 2005, 02:05 am »
Everything is here, set up, and calibrated. MY wife LOVES the look, and right now my 8 year old and I are watching "The Incredibles"...

You should be done with the movie by now . :wink:

So how do they sound ?  :rock:

Craig Chase

« Reply #33 on: 8 Jul 2005, 02:13 am »
The movie is rolling - and they sound good - REALLY good. More later, but so far, so good !

thedeskE

« Reply #34 on: 8 Jul 2005, 10:10 pm »
Love the jungle chase scene. Great Stuff from Pixar.

E

Craig Chase

« Reply #35 on: 9 Jul 2005, 12:51 am »
I have "Blue Man Group" on now ... and these speakers are opening up. I think the "60 hours break in" is overstated.

Right now, with the EMO stuff in 2 channel, There is literally a wall of sound in front of me.

These speakers are fantastic ... You know the sound, you start thinking "Where is my __________ Disc"?...

You want more music.

Mike - These are SUPPOSED to be home theater speakers ! They are WAY past just that.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #36 on: 9 Jul 2005, 02:01 pm »
I have "Blue Man Group" on now ... and these speakers are opening up. I think the "60 hours break in" is overstated.

Right now, with the EMO stuff in 2 channel, There is literally a wall of sound in front of me.

These speakers are fantastic ... You know the sound, you start thinking "Where is my __________ Disc"?...

You want more music.

Mike - These are SUPPOSED to be home theater speakers ! They are WAY past just that.

Craig:

Yes, you've found us out .  . .  we don't really make HT speakers  . . . we design them ALL by listening and comparing to real music. And of course if they can do real music well, they can sure do HT  :D

It helps that we leased the second floor of our building to a busy recording studio. We have lots of access to all kinds of live, real music on a daily basis. Thanks Craig, enjoy!  We'll be heading for the boat soon and I'll be back late tomorrow.

thedeskE

« Reply #37 on: 9 Jul 2005, 08:05 pm »
Craig

The mid and tweet will mellow quite a bit after 150hrs - least for me that was a defining point in time with the center - I'm slow :-)

Perhaps your source loves the speaks more than mine did.

How do you like the sealed system as opposed to a ported box?

E

Craig Chase

« Reply #38 on: 9 Jul 2005, 08:19 pm »
Hey E - You could be right. Afterall, my only reference is on my now 18 hour broken in speakers ...  :drums:

They sure are an excellent design, though. For now, I can tell you they are competitive with a pair of Energy Veritas 2.4i's

thedeskE

« Reply #39 on: 10 Jul 2005, 12:37 am »
C

I think you'll find the silk quite different from the Aluminum.
After viewing the site the first time, I noticed the Essence V, but the Pano had me by the brain. I chose the full range route, and it's worked well for my many setups (2 & 5.1)

I'm really glad you're taking a whack at the V. I know all about the center, and always wanted to know more about the EV.

I know you pass through speakers quite often. Should be interesting to see how these hold up with you.

Looking forward to your next round.

E