Raleigh/Durham NC Social Event / Listening Party - Sunday, December 14th 1PM-9PM

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
Everyone,

I was coming here to update the thread with the latest updated details................ but it appears I completely forgot to post an original announcement here! 

Sorry for the short notice in case you haven't seen me advertising this on other sites like head-fi, AN, etc.

Anyways, you can see the thread on head-fi.org here: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743538/raleigh-durham-nc-triangle-social-event-listening-party-sunday-december-14th-2014-1pm-9pm#post_11071298

If you are at all interested in headphone listening and are within driving distance here in Durham, NC you are more than welcome to come on by and have a listen to anything I have to show as well as lots of cool stuff that other folks are bringing....

In addition to a number of Mr. Speakers and other vintage headphones that will be coming with attendees, I will have the following headphones available:

Headphones:
Audeze LCD-2 Bamboo and Rosewood, LCD-3, LCD-X, and LCD-XC
Fostex's new TH-500RP, as well as TH-600, TH-900, and T50RP with modifications
Sennheiser HD600, HD650, HD700, HD800, IE800, Urbanite XL, and Momentum Over Ear

As for gear to listen to, here's how I think I will setup the equipment I know is definitely going to be here.  Others will bring their own equipment to compare, including the potential of some Woo Audio stuff, Sol is hoping to bring some of his creations for headphone amps, etc...

Station #1:
- jtwrace's guest of honor table featuring all Auralic stack (Aries, Vega, Taurus)

Station #2:
- PS Audio DirectStream DSD DAC
- Oppo 83SE for those needing to spin disks
- Bakoon HPA-21 current headphone amp
- Red Wine Audio Signature 16 integrated amp with headphone amp added
- WyWires Silver Series USB cable
- Tellurium Q Black Diamond ICs
- PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator

Station #3:
- Abbingdon Music Research (AMR) DP-777 DAC
- Oppo 83 for those needing to spin disks
- Bakoon HPA-01 current headphone amp
- (not making it now since it didn't arrive tonight - removing SPL Phonitor Mini from list)
- WyWires Silver Series USB cable
- Tellurium Q Ultra Black or WyWires Blue Series ICs
- PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator

Station #4: "The Existing Desktop Options"
- B.M.C. Audio PureDAC DAC/headphone amp
- Fostex HP-A8C DAC/headphone amp
- Fostex HP-A4 DAC/headphone amp
- Sennheiser HDVD 800 DAC/headphone amp
- PS Audio P3 Power Regenerator

Station #5: "The New Desktop Options"
- Unison Research SH DAC/headphone amplifier
- PS Audio Sprout DAC/phono/integrated amp/bluetooth/headphone amp

Station #6: "The iFi Audio World & other portable solutions"
- iFi Audio's "little big rig" consisting of Micro iUSBPower, Micro iDAC, Micro iTube, Micro iCAN
- iFi Audio Micro iDSD (although being portable that might wander around the house)
- iFi Audio Nano iDSD & Nano iCAN
- Fostex HP-V1 tube battery powered headphone amp
- various iFi Audio USB cables and included ICs, stock power supply stuff and some WyWires RED adapter ICs

I figure the headphones can float around to various stations with cables being swapped as necessary where balanced connections versus 1/4" jacks are offered.  I'll put some out at each station to begin, but they will likely shift around.

Anyone who brings stuff along, we'll figure out the best way to integrate it into a specific station to make it all work together...

Let me know if there are any questions about any of this.  If you would like to attend, please PM me here, or send me an email to sales at nightanddayaudio dot com to RSVP.  Thanks!