Opera Consonance 2.2 replacement tube

simoon

Opera Consonance 2.2 replacement tube
« on: 17 Jan 2013, 08:34 pm »
I have a Consonance 2.2 cd player that has served me well.

But it looks like the tube is failing. Last night, after listening for a while, I noticed that a hissing noise (that sort of gets quieter and louder) started in the left channel. I swapped the right and left cables running into my preamp, and the hissing switched channels. confirming that it was not in any other part of the audio chain.

I haven't done any further testing, but I'm suspecting the tube is failing. The player is 5 - 6 years old.

It came with a Sovtek 6H30, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with other tubes? The EH version, for example.

steve in jersey

Re: Opera Consonance 2.2 replacement tube
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2013, 08:59 pm »
I'm going to ask the obvious.. No help from the players owners manual.

I know how the manuals "disappear" whenever you straighten things,up or after a few yrs you think "I don't really need this for much" so you "file" it somewhere you should'nt have.

Go online & see if you can get a PDF owners manual of the players model # from the "Support" section on the Opera Website.

The other option is to go on the "Tubemongers" website & do a search for what other tubes can be used as a replacement for that tube. (Lots of "tasty" NOS tubes there)

Good Luck