North Texas in-home auditions

Wardsweb

Re: North Texas in-home auditions
« Reply #40 on: 6 Mar 2010, 05:31 am »
The system has changed a lot in the 8 years since it was posted. So I am removing it.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2018, 05:06 am by Wardsweb »

TrungT

« Reply #41 on: 6 Mar 2010, 05:41 am »
Very nice.  :drool:
Thanks

mort

« Reply #42 on: 6 Mar 2010, 05:54 am »
Awewsome set up. I dig the 7 t'ss

mort

« Reply #43 on: 6 Mar 2010, 05:57 am »
Are the silver sevens driving your prodigy's?

Wardsweb

« Reply #44 on: 7 Mar 2010, 08:26 pm »
Are the silver sevens driving your prodigy's?

The Carver Silver 7t mono blocks each drive one 12" sub both of which are housed in the large cabinet on the left side of the system. The Martin Logan Prodiy's are driven by the Ampilla 2000 mono blocks on the bottom shelf of the rack.

Nihsnek

« Reply #45 on: 17 May 2011, 04:42 pm »
Hey guys,

No one has posted in here for a year or so, but I am interesting in hearing some of yall's setups. I am in the market for a home theater setup and want to audition as many speakers as possible.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know as well, my budget is around $4,000 and I'm looking for a full 5.1 setup + receiver + 2 bookshelves for another room that can connect to main receiver.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #46 on: 5 Oct 2011, 12:37 pm »
Hi Guys,
       My system is slowly getting finished, or is it  :duh:  With a little bit of notice I am more than willing to share music with our friends and Audiocircle members.

Spectron Monos w/bybees and V-Caps
Black Diamond Music Vault
LampizatOr Level 5 DAC
CLS 9's (formerly Arthurs)
Anti cables

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #47 on: 5 Oct 2011, 01:59 pm »
Art sold his CLS9s??? :o   I am stunned.

lightguy

« Reply #48 on: 15 Oct 2011, 05:03 pm »
Newb here.
I dont have an audio system that is worth mentioning (thats why I'm here) but I do have a pretty nice HT set up.
Pioneer Kuro projector onto a Dalite High power screen, Elite HT reciever, KEF iQ speakers, and my baby; a Def Tech Trinity sub.
Built my own sound absorbtion panels and they turned out nice. Spent a lot of time researching this set up and for the $ I think its great
You dont watch movies you live them.

However if anyone is into pinball I've got that base well covered  :icon_twisted:

I'm actively looking for a set of used Von Schweikert, Vanderstten, or ? speakers that have to do double duty (audio only and 5.1 HT)  for my new living room HT set up
Any advice would be appreciated.

ironglen

« Reply #49 on: 18 Dec 2011, 05:12 am »
Hey, I'm in West Texas and wondering if anyone in West/North Texas with a VMPS RM2 or the like would kindly allow me a listen?  I currently have MB Quart bookshelves atop diy bass-bin sonosubs that I built to get the low-end, and would like to move up to actual full-range stereo speakers.  Thanks

oscar

« Reply #50 on: 15 Feb 2012, 03:04 pm »
After "retiring" from the "audiphoole scene" (mainly because the AC crapped out in the HT room), I just got re-assimilated.   "Browsing" the (Fort Worth) Marvin Electronics Closeout sale not expecting to find anything worthwhile, I was offered a killer deal on a used Mark Levinson No.  336 amp; I could not resist on an impulse buy.  After auditioning the amp over the weekend, I decided to pick up the other two (2) ML 336s to complete the Multichannel setup.  I did not know what good bass control was until I hooked up this amp to my speakers (Vienna Acoustic Mahlers).  Perfect for an HT setup; even excellent for solid state 2-channel music.  Still need to see how these will play with Dodd's battery powered tubed preamp for stereo music.  I'm going to be revisiting multichannel SACD/DVD-A for now; non-operational display stops movie watching for the moment and I'm waiting before springing for new front projector.

The temptation is rising again to set up aseparate stereo setup for serious listening in another room; too much clutter in the HT room leaves very little room for tubed gear (i.e. Dodds preamp and Dodd's 100W tubed monoblocs are gathering dust at the moment; I'm getting tired of having to swap out speaker connections and single-ended vs XLR ICs everytime I want to switch between tubes and SS.  All I need are TBD decent speakers and maybe a source player for the other (probably living) room.

House is a bit of a mess but if folks want to come visit for informal music listening, I'm willing.

Oh yeah, what to do with "mothballed" Classe amps (CA-200, CA-300, CA-400) ?    :D

jazzerdave

« Reply #51 on: 9 Mar 2012, 09:12 pm »
I'm more than willing to demo some gear if anyone really want to hear anything in my systems.  I'm in NE Fort Worth (pretty much Watauga), and here are my systems:

Living room (14x24x10):
- Decware ERR (radial loudspeakers)
- ST-70 with Wellborne Labs driver board and Curcio Audio BCS (Bias Control System)
- Peachtree iDecco
- iPod Classic filled with .flac
- Denon 2200 universal disc
- homemade IC's
- Tara Labs speaker wire
- Blue Jeans Cable digital wires (Coax and Optical)

Back room:
- The Advent Loudspeaker
- Dynaco ST-70
- Sumo Andromeda Mk II
- Audio Research LS-2
- Denon 2200
- Pro-ject 2 Xperience classic (Blue Point No 2 cart and MF V-LPS phono stage)
- Signal Cable IC's and Speaker wire
(My "work bench" is in this ~ 10x10 room with various parts, and another ST-70 with its guts all over the place, so it's kinda a tight space)

LordCloud

« Reply #52 on: 8 Sep 2016, 07:34 pm »
Is it bad to resurrect a thread after it's been closed for four years?

I'm new to Texas (north Dallas) and would love to get together and listen to some of you guys' systems.

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #53 on: 25 Jan 2017, 01:37 pm »
Is it bad to resurrect a thread after it's been closed for four years?

I'm new to Texas (north Dallas) and would love to get together and listen to some of you guys' systems.

Glad you resurrected this thread. 8)

I'm in Keller and would love to meet our neighbor audio circle members.

Ideas?

:beer:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

arthurs

« Reply #54 on: 25 Jan 2017, 01:55 pm »
I'm in unincorporated Ft. Worth over near Newark

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #55 on: 25 Jan 2017, 09:56 pm »
I'm in Saginaw

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #56 on: 26 Jan 2017, 12:19 am »
Abilene is N Tx. isn't it? Kinda?

arthurs

« Reply #57 on: 26 Jan 2017, 12:32 am »
Abilene is N Tx. isn't it? Kinda?
:thumb:

LordCloud

« Reply #58 on: 18 Apr 2017, 04:35 am »
So glad to have you guys chiming in.

I'm waiting on my speakers (hopefully within the next couple weeks), but once they're here and set up, I'd love to have anyone over that wants to come listen. Though my system is not even close to a megabuck one.

I'd also love to hear you guys' systems as well. I went over to listen to some music at Albert Porter's house, and it really sounded amazing.

shooter

« Reply #59 on: 18 Apr 2017, 03:10 pm »
Albert's system is a must hear! The Allnic DHT phono stage is amazing!

LordCloud, what speakers are you getting?

I am in the Dallas Design District, listening to all DIY junk! ☺️