Maestro outlets

tarquineous

Re: Maestro outlets
« Reply #20 on: 22 Dec 2011, 06:31 pm »
Yes, it is.  when possible hard wiring is the best way to go, obviously.  The end user just has to be satisfied in his/her own mind that cable rolling is out.

The Uber/Mongo combination is really special.

Dave

That's actually a smart way to go, since you have already selected a cable based on sound quality. The cable rolling can be done from UberBuss to component.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #21 on: 22 Dec 2011, 09:25 pm »
The industrial TOTL standard 5-20R duplex outlet is Hubbell 5362. Should cost about $5 at retail. A heavy grade power cord is 12 gage SO cord, should run no more than maybe what, a buck a foot or less. Hubbell 5-15P is the TOTL plug.

What brand of Romex or BX do you guys think sounds best? Do you guys wire your circuits with #14, #12, or #10 AWG? Local codes usually make the decision of which generic type to use for you. For instance in NYC it must be BX. IMO EMT or RC with THHN is best. What circuit breaker panel sounds best to you, Square D or Cutler Hammer?
Top of the line by whose standards.  I prefer Pass & Seymour because of their consistent quality independent of source factory and knock-offs.

I prefer twisted 10/3.  The red wire is wild.

Seimens breakers on copper bussbars.

All cryoed, of course.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #22 on: 22 Dec 2011, 09:26 pm »
OOPS.  Premature fingerulation....

Dave

Soundminded

« Reply #23 on: 22 Dec 2011, 09:37 pm »
That information can be found in other threads. There are several listed in wall cables other than Romex. Similar with breakers.

Do some listening tests, and get back with us !

shocking news tarquineous, I'm not in the habit of buying one of each brand of circuit breaker panelboard just to try them out to see how they sound. BTW, which do you prefer, Romex or THHN? How about incoming feeders, UF or XHHW?  I'm sure you've tested them all. Inquiring minds want to know.  :lol:

tarquineous

« Reply #24 on: 23 Dec 2011, 01:41 am »
shocking news tarquineous, I'm not in the habit of buying one of each brand of circuit breaker panelboard just to try them out to see how they sound. BTW, which do you prefer, Romex or THHN? How about incoming feeders, UF or XHHW?  I'm sure you've tested them all. Inquiring minds want to know.  :lol:

Well then just try one. Then let's get back on topic.

Thorpe Engineering is one company who have tested breakers and house wiring, if you really want to know. Audience is another. Plus Dave at PI Audio just mentioned one. But again, this belongs on another thread.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #25 on: 23 Dec 2011, 01:45 am »
Well then just try one. Then let's get back on topic.

I really like the Maestro receptacles.  8)

Dave