Heard Diptyque DP 140 MKII's at CAF

eduke55

Heard Diptyque DP 140 MKII's at CAF
« on: 20 Dec 2023, 01:48 am »
I went to Capital Audio fest last November to experience my first large audio show and to check out gear I was interested in. In particular, the USA debut of Diptyque's Dp 140 MKII. They are imported by Fidelity Imports who had several rooms at the show. The 140's were powered by Soul Note, and they debuted a very interesting (and good sounding) integrated amplifier. I really enjoyed my listening experience with this combination. Having auditioned the small Diptyque 107's the 140MKII gave a more involving presentation. I have a fair size listening room and the larger 140 seems to be the better fit, imho. Also, the 140 MKII has a few new changes that seem to be benefit the listener that the manufacturer claims came from technology used in their flagship Reference model. My wife, who accompanied me to the show, and myself really loved the 140 and I await delivery next month. I will share my experiences when they are set up and broken in. On a side note. The Soulnote head engineer was at the show and I had an interesting conversation with him about his new integrated amp. It was his "baby" and he had every right to be proud. It looked and sounded great! A bit pricy (around $28,000 or so) but built to a great standard. Check out their website to learn more if interested. Happy Holidays and Happy Listening!

Rusty Jefferson

Re: Heard Diptyque DP 140 MKII's at CAF
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2023, 03:02 am »
Congratulations on the new speakers. That was one of my top rooms from CAF this year. Really nice sound.

eduke55

« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2023, 11:00 pm »
Agreed! Thanks. Happy Holidays and Happy Listening! :)

Jon L

« Reply #3 on: 23 Dec 2023, 11:35 pm »
loved the 140 and I await delivery next month.

Congrats.  It's really difficult to find the Diptyque speakers to audition.
Did you get a chance to listen to the field coil speakers from Songer Audio at the show btw?

eduke55

« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2023, 01:04 am »
I briefly heard the Songer Audio speakers at CAF. They sound very good but the model 2 is nearly $50,000! So I did not stay long.