Spatial Audio M4 Tubo S crossover upgrade!

woodsart

Spatial Audio M4 Tubo S crossover upgrade!
« on: 18 Jan 2022, 07:32 pm »
Anyone upgraded the crossover to the M4 Turbo S? Appreciate any information with knowledge of this upgrade.

ric

Re: Spatial Audio M4 Tubo S crossover upgrade!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2022, 02:28 pm »
Yes, I upgraded my M3 Turbo S (not M4). There are two caps and 1 resistor that I replaced. one cap is a 6.8uf and the other a 68uf.  After talking to Chris at Jupiter Audio, I went with their less expensive VT Caps and just replaced the 6.8uf cap since Chris recommended that as the biggest bang for the buck. The sound improvement was so impressive, I decided to spend the money and get the 68uf and then later after I had done that, I ordered a Path Audio resistor from the UK. HUGE improvement.
You can PM me if you want/need any more info, good luck!

woodsart

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2022, 02:26 am »
Thanks your informative reply. I have made many diy speakers and assembled the crossovers with the schematics. I have written Alex for directions, since he made the suggestion to me. I have not received a response from him. I wasn’t sure if it meant changing the original or making an outboard one. He did say that the size inside the speaker would not accommodate any more parts. The M3 and and M4TS are different crossovers. How would that work?

Thanks, Robert

ric

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2022, 02:25 pm »
Sorry, I can't help you there. Yes, the space for an internal crossover in both the M3 &4 is minuscule so an outboard crossover would be necessary. You can choose to replace cap by cap, as I did, or redo the whole crossover which is beyond my scope. good luck!

woodsart

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2022, 05:06 pm »
Thanks RIC, that is helpful and I take all this into consideration.

woodsart

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2022, 05:07 pm »
So, is there anyone else out there who has upgraded their crossover in the M4 Turbo S?