Blue Artic pictures

Louis O

Blue Artic pictures
« on: 14 Jan 2003, 03:54 pm »
Pictures of the TS1R Grande in the Blue Artic finish are available at : http://omegaloudspeakers.com/news.html  

Blue artic is a standard no extra cost finish on all the models.

Many Thanks,
Louis

nathanm

Blue Artic pictures
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2003, 05:58 am »
That's a better representation of the look of the laminate. (wouldn't mind a link to a BIG pic though  :wink:)  Is the "pearlescent" bit referring to the clear coating layer of the laminate?  I am extrapolating that these must look very beautiful in person. :inlove:  Would those 10" subs work as "stands" for the Grandes?

Louis O

Blue Artic pictures
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2003, 02:13 pm »
Hi nathanm,

Thanks for the compliments. The finish does look better in person. It's pretty difficult to capture in a photogragh due to its high gloss finish and you really can't see the pearlescent effect in a picture. The effect is very similar to metallic clearcoat found on cars. In different light the finish really shimmers. The pearlescent effect is in the clearcoat on top of the pattern.

Great idea regarding the 10" sub. The sub is 20" tall and would make a great stand for the Grandes.  :D

Many Thanks,
Louis

nathanm

Blue Artic pictures
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2003, 06:02 pm »
Would it be possible to get the subs without the built-in amp?  I ask because I've already got a separate amp and crossover for a sub and would use a pair of them as stereo subs\stands.  Basically I'd like to get as close to a full-bandwidth floorstander as possible without breaking the bank and the Grande\Sub combo seems like it might fit the bill.  The concept of full range, single driver speakers seems to be calling to me, but I also predict I may be dissatisfied somewhat dissatisfied with the bass response, hence the sub.  Hard to say though, I haven't had a chance to hear any Fostex drivers in person.

"Working on low Q aperiodic damped subwoofers"

Sorry, but what's that?

This is all hypothetical though, as I am presently broke but dreaming...  :(

Louis O

Blue Artic pictures
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2003, 02:27 pm »
No problem at all. I can build the subs without the amps. Also you might want to try the Grandes without the sub at first. If you like the bass response, I would leave it at that and save the money for other equipment or more music.

Thanks for bringing up that quote. I have to delete it as I'm not building those subs. I experimented with the Dynaudio and Scanspeak variovents ( Aperiodic damping)in closed box subs. The result wasn't what I was expecting.

Thanks,
Louis

Bosh

Re: Blue Artic pictures
« Reply #5 on: 3 Feb 2003, 05:29 am »
Quote from: Louis O
Pictures of the TS1R Grande in the Blue Artic finish are available at : http://omegaloudspeakers.com/news.html  

Hey!  Those are my 'speakers! :o [/size]