Compatible Amps

jay73

Compatible Amps
« on: 2 Mar 2023, 06:21 pm »
Hello,

First time posting here.

I recently discovered Omega Speakers Online. Have not heard any in person yet.

As I am researching the speakers, I see most recommendations are for Tube Amps.

I currently have 2 Integrated Amps, a Sugden A21SE and a Vincent SV-500. Both are pretty much SS Amps, the Vincent is a Hybrid.

I wanted to ask for opinions and suggestions on pairing either of these amps with Omega Speakers.

From the whole Omega Line, the one's that are at the moment catching my eye are the Super 3 HO XRS.

I currently have Martin Logan Motion 40's, which I feel are great speakers and work well with both of my amps.

But I am looking to add 1 more pair of speakers that would provide me that more realistic intimate sound.

I also like the fact that the Omega's seem quite more affordable compared to other speakers I am looking at.

Some other speakers that I have thought about is the Klipsch Heritage line and also Pearl Acoustics Sibelius.

Anyways, hoping I could get some feedback or if anyone has any direct experience of Omega Speakers working with the mentioned amps.

Thanks

Jay

seikosha

Re: Compatible Amps
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2023, 09:45 pm »
I hate to say it, but for me, it’s the rs5 that really benefits the most from a tube amp.  That said, it works well with the two class A amps that I’ve paired it with so I bet your beat match might be with the Sugden.  I’ve heard many nice things about the Sugden, but have never had one in my system.

jmolsberg

« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2023, 11:51 pm »
gotta go with seikosha on this one. the magic is just not the same without tubes

Kray

« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2023, 04:39 am »
Tubes are my first choice for my Omegas as well.. but Class A SS amps sing too, so I'm sure the Sugden would do a decent job.

jay73

« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2023, 05:46 pm »
Thanks for the feedback!

dapoun

« Reply #5 on: 4 Mar 2023, 08:14 pm »
Welcome!

I would reach out to Louis @ Omega.

js1955

« Reply #6 on: 4 Mar 2023, 08:50 pm »
Welcome!

I would reach out to Louis @ Omega.

Don't be coy, David!   :wink:

I heard dapoun's SAMs / Almarro integrated pairing (see his profile for other gear)  and it was VG indeed!  I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.  :thumb:

ddaarr

« Reply #7 on: 5 Mar 2023, 12:13 am »
I am currently using a Musical Paradise MP-301 modded on my Omegas.  I borrowed a Decware SE34I4 with UFO transformers aka Rachael for a week and decided to keep my MP-301.  I nearly maxed out the volume knobs on the Decware as the MP-301 rarely went past 12. Sonically the MP-301 has a wider sound stage.

jay73

« Reply #8 on: 8 Mar 2023, 06:09 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.

I did reach out to Omega directly and Louis stated all speakers would sound fine with Sugden but did point out the Alnico Speakers in particular.