Leben 300XS linked to Super Alnico XRS HO

Jorge

Leben 300XS linked to Super Alnico XRS HO
« on: 22 Jul 2021, 08:45 pm »
Hi all,

I would like to use my Leben 300XS together with my Super Alnico XRS, but I wonder if choosing 4 Ohm or 6 Ohm at the amplifier (impedance can be chosen on the back  4-6-8 Ohm). Did anybody had the experience so far about both impedance? Which one works better with the Super Alnico? 4-or 6 Ohm?

Many thanks for your experience and reply.

seikosha

Re: Leben 300XS linked to Super Alnico XRS HO
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2021, 09:35 pm »
There is no right answer.  Listen to each setting and pick the one that sounds best to you.

bakufu

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2021, 08:25 pm »
on louis's advice i've been using the 6 ohm output to drive my super alnico high output XRS's.  i've been meaning to try the 4 ohm taps, but the 6's sound so damn good. 

jmolsberg

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2021, 08:52 pm »
def try them all - can't hurt. my Omega HO sounded best to me on the 8 ohm vs 4 ohm

Jorge

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2022, 07:59 pm »
Sorry for the late reply. Many thanks for the advice. I will try with 6ohm and then see differences. Can I change load  ohm while listening or should I switch off the amp for that? Do I have to rely on my listening memory ( short by the way)….thanks.

RDavidson

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2022, 08:27 pm »
In my limited knowledge on the matter, tube amps should be connected to a load (speakers...or maybe a resistor?) whenever they are in operation. Maybe not all tube amps require this, but I think it is a very good safety rule nonetheless. Also, turning the amp off helps ensure you don't accidentally blow up your amp by touching the positive and negative leads together. Blowing up your Leben would not be a fun experience. Always use caution.