Omega DeepHemp 8 Subwoofer, opinions and experience anyone?

AvsFan

This hobby has so many some days for me that I think I'm going to be broke for some years 🤣

This IS coming to an end! I swear. After I get this and that, and oh wait that too, I will be done!  :roll:

jMelvin

Re: Omega DeepHemp 8 Subwoofer, opinions and experience anyone?
« Reply #21 on: 12 Jun 2020, 01:42 pm »
Apology for the thread resurrection but I'm curious @AvsFan .. how do you like the sub? Or perhaps I missed your impressions somewhere and you could point me in the direction? BTW, I have the standard DeepHemp 8 and find it to be superb with both the Super 3i's and my Magnepan MMG's.

Kray

This IS coming to an end! I swear. After I get this and that, and oh wait that too, I will be done!  :roll:

Yes Jeff! Where’s the update 😄

RonN5

AvsFan

Yes Jeff! Where’s the update 😄

Hey Buddy! Just PM'd you but...............

AvsFan

AvsFan

It's really no fault of the sub. I tried it in other rooms with great success, it's just the room I wanted it in, the only place it sounded good was right in the middle of the room and that wasn't going to work. And I already have subs in those other rooms, so unfortunately, the dual 8" sub is up for sale. It's not needed even though it's a really good sub. Kind of threw off my entire Omega project. Maybe it just wsn't meant to be. Sub didn't work out, the 45 amp I got was defective and the SS amp I am using right now doesn't play well with the Omega dual RS5's.
Somebody is going to get a major discount on a SPECTACULAR 2.1 channel system. 

AvsFan

I'm leaning towards keeping the Super 3 HO's. I Am listening to them right now, even with not the perfect match for an amp, they sound pretty darn good. I am sure with a nice SET amp, I will be blown away by them. I heard something new in a song tonight that I had never heard before, I thought I knew the song pretty well.
So someone will get a heck of a deal on the sub.   :D