Are omega super 3 xrs designed for near-field use?

mpv

Are omega super 3 xrs designed for near-field use?
« on: 18 Mar 2020, 03:47 pm »
I would like to use them on stands for near-field listening. I just can't accept visually lower height and also when I lower my head to same level with RS5 driver it sound more homogenic and tonally correct to me. Let me know if you guys bring Super 3xrs to ear level or use them near-field on stands.Thanks in advance.

seikosha

Re: Are omega super 3 xrs designed for near-field use?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2020, 07:14 pm »
Do you have them already?  If not, just get the non XRS model, put them on stands and you’ll be fine.  Nothing wrong with putting the XRS on stands if that’s what you want.  You may lose a tiny bit of fullness, but that’s it.

mpv

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2020, 07:18 pm »
Yes, I have them already. I might try first some H.Depot cement blocks :duh:

mpv

« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2020, 05:17 pm »
So no one put super 3 xrs on stand for near-field listening?

kevner72

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2020, 12:46 pm »
I have my 3xrs in a small room 9x13 about maybe 10-13” from back wall and  toed in so I can’t see the sides of the speakers sitting a ft. From the back wall, and speaker are 26.5” from side wall to center of cabinet , they are tilted  about 7 degrees back with spikes supplied . I’m about 10 feet away from speakers . I don’t know if that’s near field use but with a oppo203 and amps that range from Decware Super zen , bottle head Stereomour 45 to a benchmark media DAC3 and AHB2 , these speakers sound fantastic no thunderous bass,but the rest of the range is second to none ,!!!