RonN5

Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #300 on: 5 Mar 2021, 03:03 pm »
+1 times 10

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #301 on: 5 Mar 2021, 03:24 pm »
Just look at the gorgeous finish on these monitors! Pictures don't do them justice.

:thumb:

Kray

« Reply #302 on: 5 Mar 2021, 04:06 pm »
Just look at the gorgeous finish on these monitors! Pictures don't do them justice.

Looks beautiful!!

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #303 on: 5 Mar 2021, 04:45 pm »
They are gorgeous, congratulations!   :drool:

screener

« Reply #304 on: 5 Mar 2021, 04:52 pm »
Perfection! They look great in your room.

bakufu

« Reply #305 on: 19 Mar 2021, 04:36 pm »

omega super alnico high output XRS's, beautifully executed in rosewood.

associated equipment: line magnetic as-125 integrated amplifier, line magnetic 502 ca dac/benchmark 3b dac, duelund cabling throughout.  (ps audio stellar p3 regenerator, mac airbook roon endpoint).

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #306 on: 19 Mar 2021, 06:00 pm »

associated equipment: line magnetic as-125 integrated amplifier, line magnetic 502 ca dac/benchmark 3b dac, duelund cabling throughout.  (ps audio stellar p3 regenerator, mac airbook roon endpoint).

Very nice system.

Kray

« Reply #307 on: 19 Mar 2021, 09:01 pm »

Beautiful! How long have you had them? I’m seriously considering upgrading from Super Alnico XRS to the HO XRS

screener

« Reply #308 on: 19 Mar 2021, 10:01 pm »

Great looking set up. I'm sure it sounds sweet. Enjoying my Super Alnico High Output XRS.

Keywestjimmy

« Reply #309 on: 1 Apr 2021, 12:55 am »
How do you like your PS regenerator? I'd imagine w these speakers you'd notice a difference with and without it.

Dako

« Reply #310 on: 2 Apr 2021, 12:17 am »

Small almost square room....ugh   :(

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #311 on: 2 Apr 2021, 01:31 am »

Small almost square room....ugh   :(

8)

Good news is you didn't try to stuff 5 way speakers with multiple large woofers in there.  :wink:

Dako

« Reply #312 on: 3 Apr 2021, 01:10 pm »
Lol. I did have Legacy Signature SE’s in there and they sounded pretty darn good. I wouldn’t hesitate to go back to them. But, these Omegas are in a another class when it comes to detail. I’m still breaking them in but they are sounding pretty sweet. I miss the punch and fuller sound of the Legacy’s, but the detail of the Omegas more than makes up for what I am missing. Surprisingly, the bass is also very good. Much better than what I was expecting.

Someday when lumber costs come down, I may take the plunge and build a more appropriate sized room in my basement.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #313 on: 3 Apr 2021, 02:29 pm »
Lol. I did have Legacy Signature SE’s in there and they sounded pretty darn good. I wouldn’t hesitate to go back to them. But, these Omegas are in a another class when it comes to detail. I’m still breaking them in but they are sounding pretty sweet. I miss the punch and fuller sound of the Legacy’s, but the detail of the Omegas more than makes up for what I am missing. Surprisingly, the bass is also very good. Much better than what I was expecting.

Someday when lumber costs come down, I may take the plunge and build a more appropriate sized room in my basement.

Add a couple of subs to get the slam back, worked for me after going to smaller speakers on stands.

kingcrowing

« Reply #314 on: 8 Apr 2021, 06:45 pm »
Has anyone here used an Omega center channel?

Nocturne79

« Reply #315 on: 8 Apr 2021, 11:46 pm »
I have an omega rs5 HO bookshelf as my center.  I love it!  crystal clear sound for movies.  my speaker is just placed sideways is all.  I do have matching rs5 HO monitors for left and right channels,.

pathmark

« Reply #316 on: 13 Apr 2021, 02:53 am »
Just landed in Japan, my Omega Speakers have traveled from US --> Mexico --> US --> France --> Japan!

bobski

« Reply #317 on: 18 Apr 2021, 02:52 pm »

Hello everyone

This is finally my first post, as I've been lurking for a while. Sorry that it's not a great looking picture but I assure you, the system sounds great to me.

Got Omega Super 3 XRS a couple months ago and I've never heard anything so transparent.

NoDisco

« Reply #318 on: 21 Jun 2021, 07:46 pm »

My setup rearranged. No more desk between the speakers, and the speakers are out of the corners. Still hooking up wires. It’s just like getting a new piece of gear!

dcmdord

« Reply #319 on: 6 Aug 2021, 02:11 pm »
The Mini Alnico Towers in flame red birch arrived 1 month ago and as with the two other sets of Omega speakers I own (Junior Alnico XRS Towers in the main system & Wide Baffle Super 3s for home theater), I'm enjoying their sonic and aesthetic beauty.

Like the Junior Alnicos, the mid and high frequencies are silky smooth.  The bass has impressed me the most.  Although a REL Tzero MkIII is supplementing the sub-bass, if I had not found an "open box" deal for the small REL, a subwoofer is not necessary.  This set-up is perfect for classical music, which is the only genre of music I listen to.

I now feel content with my systems and am happy I found Louis and Omega.  They all look and sound beautiful.  I know they will give me joy for a long time.

Thanks again to this forum for educating me about full-range speakers and writing about your experiences with your beautiful Omegas.

Speakers: Omega Mini Alnico Towers
Subwoofer: REL Tzero MkIII
Integrated Amplifier: Yamaha A-S1200
CD & DAC: Rega Apollo & Chord 2Qute
CD Player: Naim CD 5si
Streamer: Chord 2Go + 2Yu