Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Fernando

• fernando _at_ -34.899705, -56.158880
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #1520 on: 30 Jan 2016, 09:00 pm »
What is XLD?
might be here in this google search ...
the first two links seem to be rather interesting ... pita for everyone  :?

http://tinyurl.com/z8sk6ra

Fernando.

Marius

« Reply #1521 on: 30 Jan 2016, 09:45 pm »
great (best..?) (free) Mac tool for ripping, converting, tagging etc etc

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=XLD_Configuration

Cheers,
Marius

What is XLD?

Rod_S

« Reply #1522 on: 30 Jan 2016, 09:49 pm »
So what would these tools do with my tag data that my dbpoweramp can not?

Marius

« Reply #1523 on: 30 Jan 2016, 09:54 pm »
Hi Rod,

Wouldn't know, never used dbpoweramp. XLD is free, so that's a plus. It also handles DSD's, not sure DBpoweramp does that.
Any special requirements your looking for?

Marius

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #1524 on: 31 Jan 2016, 12:13 am »
What is XLD?

XLD is the single best MAC ripping, tagging, converting, and transcoding tool I know of.
I also really love xACT, but sometimes it seems to NOT be able to replace art tags for some reason.
xACT does everything else you can think of too.

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #1525 on: 31 Jan 2016, 12:13 am »
great (best..?) (free) Mac tool for ripping, converting, tagging etc etc

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=XLD_Configuration

Cheers,
Marius

Without a doubt the best.

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #1526 on: 31 Jan 2016, 12:14 am »

I found that not all tagging software can remove and replace embedded art.

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #1527 on: 31 Jan 2016, 12:15 am »
might be here in this google search ...
the first two links seem to be rather interesting ... pita for everyone  :?

http://tinyurl.com/z8sk6ra

Fernando.

Three year old links. XLD is simply flawless.

Fernando

« Reply #1528 on: 31 Jan 2016, 12:26 am »
XLD is simply flawless.

good to know, thank you.
'cause typing tags is truly boring, if you have to.
 :)

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #1529 on: 31 Jan 2016, 12:30 am »
good to know, thank you.
'cause typing tags is truly boring, if you have to.
 :)

I've been using it for 3 or 4 years now and never once had a problem. Typing tags is truly punishment!!!

Rod_S

« Reply #1530 on: 31 Jan 2016, 01:19 am »
Hi Rod,

Wouldn't know, never used dbpoweramp. XLD is free, so that's a plus. It also handles DSD's, not sure DBpoweramp does that.
Any special requirements your looking for?

Marius

Well I guess it all comes back to the particular problem I've encountered. Since I have dbpoweramp that's what takes care of all my tag data as I rip my CD's or feel a need to edit digital downloads from say HD Tracks.

Based on what I'm seeing in MPD in that the Default View displays the artwork properly but Artist view does not, on the iPad Chrome doesn't show any artwork for the album while Safari shows the incorrect artwork I'm reluctant to believe it's a tag problem simply because one part of the MPD software/applcaition is working as expected while the other isn't. If it was a tag problem wouldn't both Artist View and default View show the same thing???

For what it's worth on my laptop which is Windows 10, Windows Media Player displays the artwork properly as does the built in audio player on my Synology NAS. There's got to be something off or screwed up in Artist View as there are to many other items that display properly.

Rod_S

« Reply #1531 on: 31 Jan 2016, 01:31 am »
One thing I hadn't checked was Edge and Chrome on my Laptop. Both work the same, Default View displays the correct artwork but Artist View doesn't display anything.

Fernando

« Reply #1532 on: 31 Jan 2016, 01:45 am »
Default View displays the correct artwork but Artist View doesn't display anything.

yes, found the same here with firefox on w7 64.

i mean: Artist displaying nothing.

and if you browse from Artist to Default, and back to Artist - I have to scroll up and down to find the view i had left before.

the other thing i found by chance, and shouldn't be so, is accented characters when building a playlist: a playlist is not saved as such if you name it using an å, ñ, á, à, ö, ü, â and so on.

Fernando.

Rod_S

« Reply #1533 on: 31 Jan 2016, 02:05 am »
Out of curiosity in both Chrome and Edge on my laptop I right clicked on the blank cover art in Artist View so I could view the source code and in both cases the link to the .jpg file is referring to a picture that did not exist, the bdp_front_250.jpg. MPD would normally create a bdp_front_44.jpg and bdp_front_250.jpg file when it adds the album. They were not re-created after I deleted my album and re-ripped the CD. I successfully confirmed that MPD no longer picked up the album in both Artist View and Default View after I deleted the album but before I re-ripped it. It obviously picked it up again after I re-ripped the CD but didn't re-create the images. The 2 image files did exist when the album was added initially but like I mentioned earlier I had accidently deleted them by overriding them with another albums files.

So I guess this is probably a question for Chris, how can I force MPD to re-create the bdp_front_44.jpg and bdp_front_250.jpg files that Artist view appears to be looking for? For kicks I cheated and I created the files myself and boom Artist View is now showing the correct artwork in both Chrome and Edge on my laptop. I would still like to know how to get MPD to do this on it's own though.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1534 on: 31 Jan 2016, 07:09 am »
I'm at work right now and can't play with my own BDP to find what I'm looking for... but isn't there a function to rebuild the database somewhere? Might that resolve the issue?

Rod_S

« Reply #1535 on: 31 Jan 2016, 01:28 pm »
I'm at work right now and can't play with my own BDP to find what I'm looking for... but isn't there a function to rebuild the database somewhere? Might that resolve the issue?

I know there is the Reset or is it rebuild db option in the Settings menu (the gear icon) when in Media Player mode if that's what you are thinking of. That one definitely had no affect. There might be a more potent option somewhere else though.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1536 on: 31 Jan 2016, 01:51 pm »
That's what I was thinking of. :|

Marius

« Reply #1537 on: 31 Jan 2016, 02:12 pm »
I don't use the Album View and have the Bryston DB disabled, have been playing with it before though. Gave up in trying the album art in MM, and concentrated on playing the music...

Above experience learned that sometimes it is not clear you have to both enable the DB, click Save and then Reset DB.

Did you do both, and in that order?

Maybe first disable, Save, reset Db. Than enable again. To have a clean DB and be sure.
Personally, i always prefer an extra reboot in between as an extra  cleanup.

Marius

I know there is the Reset or is it rebuild db option in the Settings menu (the gear icon) when in Media Player mode if that's what you are thinking of. That one definitely had no affect. There might be a more potent option somewhere else though.

Rod_S

« Reply #1538 on: 31 Jan 2016, 02:36 pm »
I don't use the Album View and have the Bryston DB disabled, have been playing with it before though. Gave up in trying the album art in MM, and concentrated on playing the music...

Above experience learned that sometimes it is not clear you have to both enable the DB, click Save and then Reset DB.

Did you do both, and in that order?

Maybe first disable, Save, reset Db. Than enable again. To have a clean DB and be sure.
Personally, i always prefer an extra reboot in between as an extra  cleanup.

Marius

hmm, I never did disable and re-enable but was saving after I reset. I can give that a try and see if MPD will re-create the 2 image files, I'll just have to remember to remove the 2 I manually created.

Rod_S

« Reply #1539 on: 31 Jan 2016, 03:06 pm »
Well that didn't work to well. I'm now getting a message saying Bryston DB crash detected. I initialed a reboot via MPD but that didn't seem to have any affect :(