Beautiful Burl

jsalk

Beautiful Burl
« on: 28 Dec 2005, 04:52 am »
A few months ago, I ran across a a small batch of really unique and beautiful burled walnut veneer.  About that time, Larry Cross contacted me about a pair of HT3's in walnut.  It was a perfect match.

Unfortunately, you can't really see the detail in this photograph.  But here is a closer shot of the front baffle.

While I normally do not take pictures of the rear corner of speakers, the way the patterns matched up on these cabinets was really nice.  So I thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of that as well.

I know I say this often, but I really do think this is one of the nicest pairs I have done to date.

- Jim

pugs

Beautiful Burl
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2005, 05:23 am »
Those look really nice.   If only I would have held out for burled walnut  :( .  Oh well, I'll have to settle with macassar ebony  :) .

jsalk

Beautiful Burl
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2005, 02:11 pm »
Pugs -

Quote from: pugs
Those look really nice.   If only I would have held out for burled walnut  :( .  Oh well, I'll have to settle with macassar ebony  :) .

It can be arranged.  Let me know if you would like to change it.

- Jim

ctviggen

Beautiful Burl
« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2005, 02:12 pm »
Do I get first dibs on the old version?  ;-)

jermmd

Beautiful Burl
« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2005, 03:24 pm »
I really like the burled walnut too. So far, I think it's my favorite finish. Nice work Jim. The corner finish matching is superb.

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
Beautiful Burl
« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2005, 03:26 pm »
What a beautifull set of speakers wow

jackman

Beautiful Burl
« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2005, 04:04 pm »
Jim, you were always good and you just keep getting better!  A true artist! Stunning looking speakers.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Jack

meby

Beautiful Burl
« Reply #7 on: 28 Dec 2005, 04:10 pm »
Gorgeous :!:

nathanm

Beautiful Burl
« Reply #8 on: 28 Dec 2005, 05:54 pm »
And Coming Soon, new Double Burl Finish!

Marbles

Beautiful Burl
« Reply #9 on: 28 Dec 2005, 05:56 pm »
Well, um, they DO sing  :lol:

stereodad

Beautiful Burl
« Reply #10 on: 28 Dec 2005, 06:58 pm »
Jim, the speakers are absolutely beautiful and I know it's going to suprise you that I can't wait for them to get to California. After all I have been the epitome of patience during the time you have been building my HT3's........ok maybe not.  Larry