Any update on the FAL speakers???

cab

« on: 1 Jul 2003, 06:06 am »
Any news on these John? How are they sounding? Did you get the Flat B or C drivers?

Thanks,

Chris

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2003, 05:19 pm »
Hello!

Sorry for the late reply! I usually keep on top of the board here but was away for a bit. Back at it now....

I was so busy the past while I have had way too little time to listen to them! Hopefully more time in the next few weeks. They have worked out well and I am enjoying them very much. It is the FLAT C drivers I have. FAL informed me a few weeks back that he has made further changes and improvements and we are going to swap them out with the new models soon.

I think I'll take them to the VSAC show near Seattle this fall (vsac2003.com). They are rather expensive (even at my landed cost with no added margin) and so the market is limited but folks are curious about them and so it would be fun to display them at VSAC. Maybe we'll even have the FAL Heil driver by then as well to compare to the ribbon tweeter I use now.

Have you made it back to FAL's showroom for any more listenning sessions?

Thansk!

John

cab

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2003, 11:20 pm »
Thanks for the update!

No, I haven't been back there yet. When I went, they didn't have the FLAT C in a twin driver speaker, only a single driver, and they said it wasn't broken in yet. It didn't sound nearly as good to me as the two driver FLAT B, so I decided to wait to go back until they have a broken in twin FLAT C to listen to...Interesting to hear that they have made further improvements-might you know what those are?

Thanks again!

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2003, 11:27 pm »
Hello!

I did not get any details as to the improvements but I am curious myself. When I hear more I'll post the info here in your thread.

Thanks!

John