Does anyone have a Klaus rebuilt cartridge?

Hantra

« on: 5 Jul 2003, 12:35 am »
All:

I am sending one off to get Klaus to rebuild for me, and I was wondering how you found the cartridge to be in comparison with others you have heard.  The cartridge I have now is an old Ortofon that sucks, but I have a really nice cartridge that needs to be rebuilt, and Klaus says the way he gets them done is much better than the other guys out there rebuilding.  

Any opinions on these cartridges?

Thx!

B

Hantra

« Reply #1 on: 7 Jul 2003, 01:38 pm »
Okay. . So no one has done this. . .

Klaus, do you also have the suspension replaced/rebuilt at the same time?  It is my understanding that suspension only lasts 5 years or so, and my cartridge is at least 5 years old.

Thanks!

B

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2003, 01:43 pm »
I wonder if Klaus uses Mr. Allaert, which I have heard has the corner on rebuilding carts.

Marbles has a Klaus rebuilt VDH but I don't think he has ever heard the non-rebuilt one.

icefox

Re: Does anyone have a Klaus rebuilt cartridge?
« Reply #3 on: 1 Aug 2003, 11:00 am »
Quote from: Hantra
All:

I am sending one off to get Klaus to rebuild for me, and I was wondering how you found the cartridge to be in comparison with others you have heard.  The cartridge I have now is an old Ortofon that sucks, but I have a really nice cartridge that needs to be rebuilt, and Klaus says the way he gets them done is much better than the other guys out there rebuilding.  

Any opinions on these cartridges?

Thx!

B

Hantra,

Interested to know how does it work out finally. What kind of cart you ask Klaus to re-build?

Cheers.

Hantra

« Reply #4 on: 1 Aug 2003, 02:16 pm »
Ice:

I was going to have this one done.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?anlgcart&1064544428&item

Klaus said this was a killer one to have his mod done on. .

But now, I have sold most of my analog gear.  It didn't make sense the money I was throwing at it with so few albums. .

B

Musky_Don

Re: Does anyone have a Klaus rebuilt cartridge?
« Reply #5 on: 4 Aug 2003, 07:05 pm »
Hantra,

Klaus helped me get back to analog this past May.  I bought a Rega P25 with a rebuilt cartridge.  The cartridge originally was a Lyra Lydean and was rebuilt by Van Den Hul (apparently they rebuild according to Symphonic guidelines).  It has been at least 10 years since I last listened to vinyl, so I don't have any other analog sources to compare it to.  The setup blows away my Cd player (even my wife notices a difference).  I was amazed with the base extension and detail.  Definately easy to listen to.  The rest of the setup includes Odyssey monos and a Tempest pre.  Since May, I have listened to 2 CDs and my vinyl collection keeps growing.  I understand the Rega is a decent TT, but Klaus tells me the jewel in the setup is the cartridge.  I trust his judgement - he has never steered me wrong.  I'm pretty sure you will be happy with the cartridge.

Don