Song3 BeAT's in light black bamboo and metallic "graphite" front baffle - SOLD

jsalk

Every once and a while we build a pair of speakers for no one in particular.  Such is the case with this pair.

Now and then we are requested to do speakers in bamboo (some people believe that bamboo is a superior speaker cabinet material).  Each time we do, we have scraps left over.  Recently, we found we had enough left over scraps to build a complete pair of speakers. So we decided to do a pair of Song3 BeAT's using it.

Since each of the panels was from a different sheet, the colors were a bit different from panel to panel.  So we decided to experiment with a light coat of black dye over all panels so that the color would be uniform.  We had never done light black dye on bamboo before, so it was a bit of a gamble that turned out quite nice in the end.  For the front baffle, we used a metallic paint in a "graphite" color we had used before for gray speakers.  I think they turned out quite nice.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Normally, bamboo would add about $500 to the cost of a pair of speakers.  Also, the graphite paint would add about $350 as well.  But in this case, we are throwing those custom options in for free.  This contemporary looking pair is available for the standard veneered price of $4795, plus shipping.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2019, 05:28 pm by jsalk »

TJHUB

Those are spectacular Jim!  I love the mix of paint and the bamboo.  :thumb:

johzel

Wow . . . this finish would go perfect in our house.  Bet it would look great on a pair of SS 6M's.    :thumb:  :wink:

ashergill

Hi Jim,

These look great! I tried to send a PM, but it won't allow me to do so. I've sent you an email instead.

Thanks,

AS

jsalk

Hi Jim,

These look great! I tried to send a PM, but it won't allow me to do so. I've sent you an email instead.

Thanks,

AS

Got it and replied.

Thanks,

- Jim

HT cOz

These look great and would match many of the newer colors being used in interior design. 

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Are these still available?  PM is fine
Mark

rpf

Lovely.