VEHEMENT AUDIO INTRODUCTION - EOS ROADSHOW

JUSTIN REYNOLDS

• Industry Participant
    • VEHEMENT AUDIO
VEHEMENT AUDIO INTRODUCTION - EOS ROADSHOW
« on: 5 Jun 2018, 10:16 pm »
THE BREZZA EOS ROAD SHOW by VEHEMENT AUDIO GROUP

OUR STORY
Please feel free to check out our website (www.vehementaudio.com) if you are unfamiliar with us.  Vehement Audio was founded by three friends with a passion for good tunes.  Pete Schumacher of Vapor audio reached out to us early on to see if we would be interested in working with them to bring some of their unseen designs to life.  After hearing what he and Ryan were capable of we knew we were in the right place.  They've been designing for us since and we feel like we have something really special.  As a young company we welcome any feedback we can get so we've decided to offer our EOS to the community to audition in their own homes and let us know what they think.

TERMS
Individuals will have 2 weeks to audition the units in their home. It is the responsibility of the user to document any damage to the units upon receiving them, and to ensure that the units are not damaged while in their possession. We will be actively monitoring each transition and may request pictures of the units at any time. If the speakers are damaged or not forwarded within the established time-frame, charges may be incurred. An active credit card must be on file but will not be charged unless speakers are damaged. Also, it is requested that each member post a brief review after their audition.

PURCHASING
Should anyone decide to purchase a pair along the way, just let us know and we’ll issue a fresh pair and include free shipping.  We ask that the demo units remain in circulation until they are returned to us. Anyone who auditions our speakers during our tour will also receive 30% off MSRP.

SHIPPING
Each individual will be responsible for paying shipping to the next in line. Shipping insurance and tracking information must be included.  We will provide a shipping address at the end of your trial.

REGISTER
To be considered, members should have a minimum of 100 posts on the forum and/or maintain a positive reputation among our peers.  Please reply to this thread or send us a private message or email to be included on the list. The tour is scheduled to begin Monday, June 18, 2018.
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2018, 01:22 pm by JUSTIN REYNOLDS »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: An introduction from Vehement Audio Group
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2018, 06:28 am »
Welcome aboard Mr.Reynolds :thumb:
I will check the yoursite.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2018, 11:18 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle Justin.

I'd love to hear your Brezza EOS.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2018, 11:22 am »
As a long time transmission line fan I welcome you.

But am disappointed that a rather large $15k 3-way TL speaker only goes down to 39 Hz.  Heck my smaller single driver TL goes below 30 Hz.  Was Martin King's MathCad application used in the design?  And wonder how two woofers can be successfully designed to share a single TL.

dB Cooper

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2018, 01:08 pm »
Hey, love the name in any event... Welcome

JUSTIN REYNOLDS

• Industry Participant
    • VEHEMENT AUDIO
« Reply #5 on: 7 Jun 2018, 04:59 pm »

But am disappointed that a rather large $15k 3-way TL speaker only goes down to 39 Hz.  Heck my smaller single driver TL goes below 30 Hz.  Was Martin King's MathCad application used in the design?  And wonder how two woofers can be successfully designed to share a single TL.

Our Forte uses individually housed woofers with their own transmission lines that share an exit on the rear of the speaker.  They were designed by Pete and Ryan of Vapor Audio.

JUSTIN REYNOLDS

• Industry Participant
    • VEHEMENT AUDIO
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jun 2018, 10:14 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle Justin.

I'd love to hear your Brezza EOS.

We're in the process of setting up a roadshow tour of the Brezza EOS. There are already a few in line, but if you'd like we can definitely include you on the list. We are still working on the terms and agreements, but basically all you'd be responsible for is taking care of the speakers, and covering the shipping to the next individual. Once we work out the details we will be posting a new thread to establish the order.  If you are interested just reply to this thread and we will keep you in the loop as things develop.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #7 on: 8 Jun 2018, 10:34 pm »
Absolutely love to get on the list. PM on the way.

JUSTIN REYNOLDS

• Industry Participant
    • VEHEMENT AUDIO
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2018, 01:27 pm »
Absolutely love to get on the list. PM on the way.

We've got you in line.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: VEHEMENT AUDIO INTRODUCTION - EOS ROADSHOW
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2018, 02:54 pm »
Hi Mr.Justin, I would suggest this mod in the enclosure.

JUSTIN REYNOLDS

• Industry Participant
    • VEHEMENT AUDIO
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2018, 04:49 pm »
Haha you must know our buddy Ed.

Ed's VonOtto Build...

The idea behind the EOS is to keep quality high and maintain a reasonable price tag.  We still use the same interior treatment and acrylic resin baffles that we use on our other builds, along with RAAL tweeters and our custom SEAS woofers.  But we have to draw the line somewhere.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2018, 04:53 pm »
Perfect :thumb:

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jun 2018, 05:29 pm »

As I'm sure you're aware, TLs are limited by the same physics as Helmholtz enclosures, Hoffman's Iron Law.  High Sensitivity, Deep Bass Extension, Small Enclosure Size: pick two.  Forte and its dual mirrored TLs was designed to accommodate the SEAS woofers and provide TRUE 39Hz F3.  Forte has a tube amp friendly sensitivity as a result, and the in-room bass extension dips well into the low 30s.  But the main benefit of the TL is how it controls mid-band resonances in the line.  The use of a port in a Helmholtz resonator results in port resonances that can occur within the driver pass band and they're tough to squelch.  The use of a tapered TL eliminates that particular high Q resonance which results in much smoother midband response, less coloration.

Just curious here, but what single driver do you use that results in F3 below 30Hz?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #13 on: 25 Jun 2018, 10:31 am »
Fostex F200A (no longer available).   :cry:

https://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/speaker_components/pdf/f200a.pdf

The speakers are Bob Brines (Martin King's MathCad inspired)

http://www.geocities.ws/rbrines1/Pages/FTA-2000/Main.html

I've also had Bud Purvine (inventor) "EnABL" the drivers and since added a Late Ceiling Splash tweeter at Duke LeJeune's suggestion.  See my reviews in the Critic's Circle.