FS: Bryston 2B-LP Pro - recently serviced ($350 Cdn firm)

fileundernewby

This is the Pro model. I have one too many as this came with a recent system purchase. I've been trying it out for three months (and comparing it to my other 2B (April 1997)) and it sounds and looks great in a rack or stacked.

Unlike the home model, the Pro model has attenuators for each channel (shafts, and only the shafts, show some oxidation) and a headphone jack on the front.

I am currently using RCA phono plugs (one of which is shown in the third picture below) and the unit will be supplied with the plugs and holders.

I particularly like this model because the attenuators do not require the use of a pre-amp. If you are looking for the shortest possible path, you can plug your CD/computer/DAC directly into the back of the unit and use the controls on the front to adjust both volume and balance.

It was just returned from the Bryston factory in Peterborough where it was checked out. The power cord and four filter caps were replaced. I paid $35 for the box and packing materials (yours, as an option, for $20).

The front, back, sides and top of the unit are in excellent condition with only minor scuffs and scratches, the bottom of the unit has more scratches (contact me for high-res pictures).

The unit was manufactured in February 1985 (Serial #200724) and is 2 years out of warranty.

$350 firm.

You can pick this up at no charge near Bloor & Dufferin or York Mills & Leslie -- and can also audition it (at low volumes). I'm offering a no questions asked return policy -- you have seven days from receipt to contact me for a full refund (minus shipping).

I don't have exact measurements but the amount charged will be based on the following: box: 23" by 14" by 5", weight: 23lbs.

I usually use Canada Post but am open to whatever shipping method you prefer (as long as insurance is an option).

As an example, to ship this with Canada Post with $400 insurance, tracking number, and signature requirement to Vancouver would cost only $29 (delivery within seven days), to Montreal $20 (delivery within three days).

Happy to send additional pictures to curious and serious alike.

Feel free to contact me at 416-540-4697 with questions.

Some pics from cross-post: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/52487-bryston_2b_pro__recently_serviced/
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2007, 07:46 pm by fileundernewby »