The 1st CIAudio Loudspeaker!

CIAudio

Re: The 1st CIAudio Loudspeaker!
« Reply #60 on: 3 Apr 2021, 04:15 pm »
and Maple finish
Baffles will be laser-engraved on Monday and 1st shipments will go out on the 15th!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #61 on: 3 Apr 2021, 04:29 pm »
Those look incredible.  Are you going to be at RMAF this year?  I'd love to hear them.

CIAudio

« Reply #62 on: 3 Apr 2021, 05:10 pm »
Those look incredible.  Are you going to be at RMAF this year?  I'd love to hear them.

Not sure what shows we might do yet, but RMAF is always a good one!

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #63 on: 3 Apr 2021, 09:30 pm »
how about providing a spade to banana adapter for those with expensive cables with spades as a lot of the manufacturers charge an arm and a leg to re-terminate.
this is the same problem i have with the gr research tube connectors just in this case you have to re-terminate if you have any other connector.

CIAudio

« Reply #64 on: 3 Apr 2021, 11:13 pm »
how about providing a spade to banana adapter for those with expensive cables with spades as a lot of the manufacturers charge an arm and a leg to re-terminate.
this is the same problem i have with the gr research tube connectors just in this case you have to re-terminate if you have any other connector.

Using adapters would defeat the purpose of a low mass connection. Our speakers cables are under $300... sell your expensive ones and buy ours 😉

Nordkapp

« Reply #65 on: 3 Apr 2021, 11:55 pm »
Thought they were called the A3? The aluminum binding post plate says "R3". Or am I just confused?

CIAudio

« Reply #66 on: 4 Apr 2021, 12:16 am »
Thought they were called the A3? The aluminum binding post plate says "R3". Or am I just confused?

a3 was the original prototype design, r3 is the refined production model.

tvyankee

« Reply #67 on: 4 Apr 2021, 02:43 pm »
Hello.

Nice looking speaker. Do you by any chance have tech specs or test data you can provide?  Thanks

tvyankee

« Reply #68 on: 4 Apr 2021, 02:47 pm »
Forget what I just asked as I see some data on the other pages as I was a bit lazy and didn't see the others pages.  Good luck with your sales.

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #69 on: 4 Apr 2021, 03:43 pm »
Looks like a really cool speaker. Other than stats (which I use), smallish monitors are my favourite type of speaker. If I only had another room ....

Paulie

« Reply #70 on: 4 Apr 2021, 05:17 pm »
Digging the mahogany finish wow

CIAudio

« Reply #71 on: 13 Apr 2021, 02:49 pm »
We're down to 1 pair of Mahogany and 3 pair of Maple.
If you're interested in a pair from the 1st production run, contact us for availability as they're going fast!

-Dusty/CIAudio (805) 984-8282

happyrabbit

« Reply #72 on: 16 Apr 2021, 12:43 am »
Attached is a photo of a maple cabinet being assembled. looking forward to receiving a pair next week  :green:

« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2021, 01:27 pm by happyrabbit »

CIAudio

« Reply #73 on: 16 Apr 2021, 02:03 pm »
here's a close up view of the machined waveguide

CIAudio

« Reply #74 on: 16 Apr 2021, 07:38 pm »
Last photo for now... official photos will be on our website in a week or so.
happyrabbit... this is one of yours  :wink:

CIAudio

« Reply #75 on: 18 Apr 2021, 04:30 pm »
Mahogany/Black are currently sold out.

studiotech

« Reply #76 on: 19 Apr 2021, 02:05 am »
Great looking design, but I can't help wondering why you've got that nice roundover on the back, but none on the front or at the edge of the waveguide as it transitions into the baffle.  Seems like that sharp edge will cause some serious diffraction effects.

Greg

CIAudio

« Reply #77 on: 19 Apr 2021, 02:49 am »
Great looking design, but I can't help wondering why you've got that nice roundover on the back, but none on the front or at the edge of the waveguide as it transitions into the baffle.  Seems like that sharp edge will cause some serious diffraction effects.

Greg

There is very little reflection from the tweeter as it is controlled by the waveguide. A waveguige is a mild horn which controls directivity (in our case) to 130 degrees. Even with a standard mounted dome tweeter, the reflections are primarily off of the baffle surface, not the edge unless it protrudes (like a typical grille frame).

happyrabbit

« Reply #78 on: 23 Apr 2021, 02:06 am »
Just arrived safely !  Thank you UPS  :green:  These speakers are really stunning in person.   

CIAudio

« Reply #79 on: 23 Apr 2021, 01:56 pm »
Looks great, those stands are a nice match!