Go with what you know?

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Go with what you know?
« on: 28 Mar 2014, 02:55 pm »
Years and years of swapping gear, finding out what works with what and why. More important, what doesn't and why not? Getting older and am at the point I just can't swap gear in and out and don't really want to anymore. Heck, my smallest tube amp must weigh 60 lbs or more! I found myself at the point in life where I just want one set up that, A: sounds good, B: I can actually assemble without fear of throwing my back out! Getting older is hell. :) I've learned never to say "last system" but no longer going to work and no longer able to pull huge tube amps and super heavy speakers around anymore, I realized it was time to assemble something that would sound good, not break bones setting up and wouldn't wipe out my 401K.
Here's where I ended up:

AMP: Creek Evolution 5350
TURNTABLE / CART: Rega RP6 with Dynavector 20
PHONO PRE: Jolida JD9II
TUNER: Rotel RT980
CD / SACD : Marantz 6000 {not sure the model # is correct but it's a sweetheart}
SPEAKERS: Dali Icon 6 MKII
CABLES: Audioquest Gabrator / Audioquest King Cobra

All of these are items or updated items of things I've owned over the years, just never together. It sounds great, I can actually move it if need be and as far as good stereo's go, it wasn't stupid expensive. Now the hard part, let's see how long I live with it! :)