Loving the new BDP-3!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Loving the new BDP-3!
« Reply #120 on: 11 Apr 2019, 06:40 pm »
Is there a link to instructions on how to fit an internal drive to the BDP-3?

There are four screws held in by nuts to secure the drive and the cable harness can be found inside the unit as well.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #121 on: 12 Apr 2019, 05:00 pm »
New HDMI output from BDP3 and BDP-Pi?

docder

« Reply #122 on: 12 Apr 2019, 10:54 pm »
Chris, wow, nice, but you are being mysterious. Is this a question are posing yourself? Or is the visual HDMI output available with the recent firmware or a forthcoming update. I don't want to move my screen over to near my BDP until I know it will light up with MDP info.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #123 on: 12 Apr 2019, 11:14 pm »
Chris, wow, nice, but you are being mysterious. Is this a question are posing yourself? Or is the visual HDMI output available with the recent firmware or a forthcoming update. I don't want to move my screen over to near my BDP until I know it will light up with MDP info.

I believe this is a pic from the Axpona show so current software.

James

docder

« Reply #124 on: 12 Apr 2019, 11:46 pm »
Thanks James. Lovely. Apart from connecting a monitor via HDMI cable would there be anything else to change within the BDP-3? I have moved a monitor into place and connected up but no signal going to monitor as yet.

docder

« Reply #125 on: 12 Apr 2019, 11:51 pm »
Ah, it is working. I restarted the BDP-3 and we have visuals. Brilliant.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #126 on: 25 Apr 2019, 06:35 pm »

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston BDP-3 Digital Player – Update

There have been a number of changes over time with the features available on the Bryston BDP-3 Digital Player.

STREAMING SERVICES:
•   QOBUZ
•   TIDAL
•   B-RADIO

THIRD PARTY INTEGRATION:
•   ROON

WIFI 
•   Internal WiFI or External WiFi  (optional):

INTERNAL DRIVE (optional):
•   SATA Solid State drive or SATA rotary hard drive.

BRYSTON BDP-3 CONTROL INTERFACES:
•   MANIC MOOSE S2.40 - NEW release of the Internal Bryston Software
•   RIGELIAN - Apple Store
•   SOUNDIROK – Apple Store
•   CHIMNEY – Windows Computers
•   M.A.LP. – Android Play Store
•   DROID MPD Client – Android Play Store
•   Glider Music Player – Apple Store

James Tanner

• Facilitator

BigGeek

« Reply #128 on: 24 Aug 2019, 08:57 pm »
I have a BDP-3 and I want to connect it to my BDA-3.

I have AES connected for most music files. I want to USB connect to the DAC to play dsf files. I keep my music on a USB 3.0 hard drive. I have a Bryston USB dongle for connecting to WiFi.

Okay so I have two USB busses from which to choose and USB 2 or 3 available. What is Bryston’s recommended configuration for all of this. I was thinking dongle and hard drive connected to buss 2, while the DAC gets connected to a USB 2 port on buss 1.

Is this the lowest noise, best sounding configuration?  Thoughts?

gbaby

« Reply #129 on: 25 Aug 2019, 10:02 pm »
New HDMI output from BDP3 and BDP-Pi?

I did not know the BDP3's HDMI was meant to be connected to a monitor. I connected it to the BDA3. :o

davidtgoh

BDP-3 Internal Hard Drive Formatting
« Reply #130 on: 15 Sep 2019, 03:43 am »
I've been enjoying a BDP-2 with a Bryston installed internal drive for a number of years.  I recently had the chance to pick up a BDP-3.  I've seen elsewhere on the Audio Circle site reports from someone who installed a 5TB Seagate (https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=162427.0).  Three quick questions: 1) any one have recommendations on a particular 5TB? 2) does the new hard drive need to be formatted in any particular way?  3) is it best to install the drive (4 screws and click in the harness), put the machine in service mode, and then let Bryston format the drive?

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #131 on: 15 Sep 2019, 07:15 am »
Any thoughts you can share on any differences between the BPA-2 and BPA-3?

gbaby

« Reply #132 on: 24 Sep 2019, 02:33 pm »
Will the BDP3 be adding Amazon Music since it is now streaming in 44.1/16 and above?

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #133 on: 26 Sep 2019, 02:13 pm »
I'm fairly sure at this point we'll be pursuing Amazon Music now that they have announced support for high res music. However, we have some other big software projects to develop at the moment, so I don't think Amazon Music HD is imminent. My guess is that it will launch around the same time as Nutty Narwhal.

gbaby

« Reply #134 on: 26 Sep 2019, 03:27 pm »
I'm fairly sure at this point we'll be pursuing Amazon Music now that they have announced support for high res music. However, we have some other big software projects to develop at the moment, so I don't think Amazon Music HD is imminent. My guess is that it will launch around the same time as Nutty Narwhal.

I understand. However, I hope Nutty Narwhal is not a replacement for Manic Moose as I throughly enjoy using it. It is very intuitive.  8)

bobf

« Reply #135 on: 3 Dec 2019, 08:38 pm »
Thank you for the latest update. Appreciate the 50 most recent albums loaded to hard drive and the fix for lossless Paradise Radio.

After almost three years with the BDP3 I remain impressed with the sound.

An added benefit of the BDP3 is the ability to use it as a UPNP server. I use that function to feed a Naim Qute in a secondary system. Sounds great.

Looking forward to Nutty Narwhal.

mcallister

« Reply #136 on: 3 Dec 2019, 10:35 pm »
Sorry if this is already answered but will the BDP-3 play 5.1 FLAC files via the HDMI out?

gbaby

« Reply #137 on: 3 Dec 2019, 10:43 pm »
Sorry if this is already answered but will the BDP-3 play 5.1 FLAC files via the HDMI out?

It will also play DTS 5.1 from any digital output.

gbaby

« Reply #138 on: 5 Dec 2019, 01:05 am »

STREAMING SERVICES:
•   QOBUZ
•   TIDAL
•   B-RADIO

THIRD PARTY INTEGRATION:
•   ROON

I have just finished listening to music using the new Amazon Prime uncompressed music, and I predict Amazon will win the music streaming war. To me, it sounded better than both Tidal and Qobuz. The sound was exceptionally clean especially in the upper frequencies and the music had a nice rhythmic drive making me think I was listening to the source. If it doesn't cost an access fee for Bryston, we need to get Amazon music on the BDP3. Right now, I access it through my Apple TV and MacBook Pro, but if you could access it through the BDP3, it would be a complete game changer. None of the other streaming companies can match the music depth of Amazon Prime or Amazon Music.  I wish others will try it and give your opinion.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #139 on: 6 Dec 2019, 03:20 pm »

Sorry no, its something I do ponder about adding every once in awhile though.  I think the last time it came up the general consensus was it wouldn't appeal to enough people.  It would be possible, it would just take time to develop.

Chris