Any Opinions on the Rockwell Retro Encabulator? I may become a dealer.

John Casler

Any Opinions on the Rockwell Retro Encabulator?  I may become a dealer.

Russell Dawkins

I've often wondered where I could buy one of those to replace the failing unit in my '85 Dodge.

There is a useful diagnostic guide at the end of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4&feature=related
- but I was not successful in finding the DRV-2 test meter required to perform the tests mentioned. The first comment is interesting, though, and might go some way in explaining the problems I am having with my unit.

"There's one problem with this design. The kinetic pectraloid infusion overflow buffers were not secured with a Bowen-Matthews tridectaloctahexacalcinicrypti­fication algorithm. The bariumacetic anticorrosive infusion jets would certainly receive incorrect information via the plectonial transduction collier-conduit, thus causing a catastrophic failure of both the semi-seismetric gravitar flux transformer and the nanocryomatic spatial exhaust inhibitor. Did anyone else spot this??"

By the way, spell check went nuts with this quote, for some reason.

Anyway, John, if I do need to buy a new one I know where to get it if you do become a dealer.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Ahh yes....A classic video.  :lol:

Rumor has it, that guy did that without practice, and without notice, before he was about to record an actual Chrysler training video.
Whether that's correct or not, it's a great view regardless.

Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
EDIT:
Seems this fellow has been around a while.
The video I've know about for a couple decades is the one Russell linked. I never saw the "Rockwell" version.

Bob

Russell Dawkins

It seems there are at least three different videos, with the guys reading off the same script.

jimdgoulding

Hey Russell, nice to see you around.

John Casler

EDIT:
Seems this fellow has been around a while.
The video I've know about for a couple decades is the one Russell linked. I never saw the "Rockwell" version.

Bob

I didn't see the Chrysler videos until after the Rockwell.

The Rockwell guy had me sucked in for a little while as he didn't use too many "clearly made up" terms early in the presentation.  Then after 2 or 3 clearly bogus terms, I was in on the gag.

They would have been good candidates for Firesign Theater routines, if any of you are old enough to remember those fellows.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Undoubtedly created by a graduate of More Science High.  :wink:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
The Rockwell Retro Encabulator is a piece of crap, my hasn't worked as advertised since I bought it, completely collapses the soundstage and is harsh and grating in the highs.  I went back to a Belkin unit, because as with all Belkin products, there is no effect on sound quality.   8)   

John Casler

The Rockwell Retro Encabulator is a piece of crap, my hasn't worked as advertised since I bought it, completely collapses the soundstage and is harsh and grating in the highs.  I went back to a Belkin unit, because as with all Belkin products, there is no effect on sound quality.   8)

Is it possible you actually had a "disConbobulator" instead of an Encabulator.  I have heard that was a common problem early on.  Since fixed in V3.0011 after cereal number 7734.

A DisConbobulated Soundstage is a horrible thing to put your ears through.  The Abulation and Obulation processes are significantly different and often mistaken for each other by the terminally mistook.

It is like the difference between "phased" and "faced" and "fazed".  Don't even get me started on Damped and Dampened, Bass and BASE.  And you can blame it all on the terminally mistook who even confuse the Front Wall with the Back Wall.  I am amazed they put their pants on front to back without assistance.  There is a new medication "Subtracteral" that is supposed to help the "elec" trical (as in elect trical banana) imbalance that produces the condition.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
John, my father worked for Rockwell for 35 years and I've grown up around Encabulators and am quite familiar with their use and in no way could mistake one for a Discombobulator (jeez, at least you could spell it right if you're going to be calling me an idiot).  Your post is an obvious attack on my credibility and the credibility of Belkin products which, IMHO, are the finest money can buy, on Tuesdays, in Bermuda, when it's sunny.  But I digress. 

The Retro Encabulator is a poor stab at trying to bring back the glory days of Rockwell when they were associated with Rockwell Standard, before the NorthAmerican takeover, which was loosely termed a merger in name only, but I digress again.  They've never built the quality of Encabulators they did in those days when people cared about their work and had pride in the products they produced.  This is a cheap off shore sourced wannabee and will never give the service enjoyed by the vintage units.  But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.   

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
That sounds like a guy setting the stage to sell his lifetime supply of NOS Encabulators at a higher than "fair" market price.  :roll:

Jezz.....What a shill.  :duh:

John Casler

John, my father worked for Rockwell for 35 years and I've grown up around Encabulators and am quite familiar with their use and in no way could mistake one for a Discombobulator (jeez, at least you could spell it right if you're going to be calling me an idiot).  Your post is an obvious attack on my credibility and the credibility of Belkin products which, IMHO, are the finest money can buy, on Tuesdays, in Bermuda, when it's sunny.  But I digress. 

The Retro Encabulator is a poor stab at trying to bring back the glory days of Rockwell when they were associated with Rockwell Standard, before the NorthAmerican takeover, which was loosely termed a merger in name only, but I digress again.  They've never built the quality of Encabulators they did in those days when people cared about their work and had pride in the products they produced.  This is a cheap off shore sourced wannabee and will never give the service enjoyed by the vintage units.  But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me thinks you need to check your Urban Dictionary for the correct spelling.

However I defer to your life experience with the Encabulator and will likely pass on the "Retro" dealer offering. :scratch:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
That sounds like a guy setting the stage to sell his lifetime supply of NOS Encabulators at a higher than "fair" market price.  :roll:

Jezz.....What a shill.  :duh:

Jeez, another attack on my incredulity.  Will the agony never end?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, I love your avatar Letitroll.

Bob

decal

I have one for sell on Craigs List for a very reasonable price if anyone is interested.Comes from a smoke/kid/pet free home.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
I just stumbled across this in the Humor Circle and didn't know it was a thread.  Small world.  John, the actor/narrator in that original video is my buddy/neighbor, Michael Kraft.  I kid him about it all the time.  The story of how it all went down, and the number of takes to get it right without breaking up is pretty funny.  He's now the voice/face of the Lowe's handyman for their dozens of handyman/fixit how-to videos on their website. 

John Casler

:lol: :lol:

Well as they sang at DisneyLand the last time I went:

"It's a SMALL WORLD after all"

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
John, the actor/narrator in that original video is my buddy/neighbor, Michael Kraft.
Please tell him that video has become a cult classic among those of us in the industry. Classic.
And please shake his hand for me.

I'll have to check out the Lowes videos. Although, I doubt I'll be able to take them seriously knowing his "history".  :lol:
You don't have to tell him that part.  :wink:

Bob