Spirit 1... Impressions Continued

Charles Xavier

Spirit 1... Impressions Continued
« on: 9 Oct 2010, 11:45 am »
I was asked my a fellow member to start a new thread. So you know me ,who am I to argue with anyone.
Original postings can be found here
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=82734.0

As I mentioned in the other thread I wrote that Bob had tweaked the crossovers to bring the mids up a few db's to come in line with the bass and highs. Well I had a rough past couple of days. I was not listening to the same speaker Bob sent me for the demo tour. I had such listening fatigue. The mids were killing me .I felt they were too forward and destroying the bass. I was going crazy. I borrowed a whole bunch of tubes for my preamp to try and smooth out the sound and nothing helped. I changed the speaker positions and nothing. I spoke to Bob and he said he could put the xover back to what it was if I like. But he said that these were more ruler flat than before. :scratch:

Now I have pure bliss. Smooth midrange but more noticeable ,effortless and great bass .
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2012, 08:41 am by Charles Xavier »

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Spirit 1... Impressions Continued
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2010, 01:27 pm »
So....what will happen if you get another preamp Charles ?

Guess you will have to be selective....

Charles Xavier

« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2010, 01:43 pm »
So....what will happen if you get another preamp Charles ?

Guess you will have to be selective....

Its daytime .Wolves only come out at night. Are you selling a Pre ?And besides when I do I know someone who has a nice one to let me borrow :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2010, 01:50 pm »
I sell nothing...still have everything... :duh:

Work starts in 15 min.'s.... :?

Please post your comparison of the Mini vs Spirit....thanks.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2010, 01:53 pm »
I sell nothing...still have everything... :duh:

Work starts in 15 min.'s.... :?

Please post your comparison of the Mini vs Spirit....thanks.

That last line sounded a little testy

And don't be late for work .I know the boss will sink his teeth into you

lonewolfny42

« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2010, 01:54 pm »
Testy....no....I said thanks. :lol:

Charles Xavier

« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2010, 02:45 pm »
Chris. You know I love both speakers. I still need to let the Spirits break in. So some negatives and positives may attribute to that. The Spirit has a larger soundstage.They go much deeper then the Mini's . Hey "where is the subwoofer" .Which is a plus since you already know that is what I was missing with my other speakers and one of the reasons I fell for these speakers. The vocals on the Mini are, right now a little smoother.A big plus, and I think the midbass is also better.I expect the Spirit's to equal this over time. Remember they are only a week old. Highs are equal. They are both very transparent and dynamic sounding and of course they love the POWER. They both image very well and from what I've been told so do most monitors.As far as workmanship ? hey who doesn't love a nice wood cabinet. But remember I said I couldn't get past that and if I ordered these I would have to go with Piano Black. Well these cabinets look so sharp in person it's like having a Grand Piano in you room.They are also larger in size than the Mini's. So they are quite startling at first. You know this due to the size of your(and maybe soon to be mine :lol:) 2.0's. That's it in a nut shell.I don't have the Audiophile vocabulary but being part of the NY Ravers has let me hear tons of equiptment and I like what I hear and that is all that matters to Topround :lol:

sfox7076

« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2010, 09:13 pm »
To continue the other thread, I am happy to have people over to listen to the SongTower RTs and other Song series Salks.  Charles would be welcome to bring over the Spirits and things can go from there if he would like.  It wouldn't happen for a few weeks, but I am happy to extend the offer. 

Shawn