Any linux gurus available for a quick job?

jrebman

Any linux gurus available for a quick job?
« on: 6 Jan 2010, 08:43 pm »
I'm looking for somebody local who can flash a CF card with the voyage linux kernel and MPD daemon so I can get my headless linux music streaming box working.  This would be as described in this thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=62364.0

It's a huge can of worms, requiring a lot of sighted assistance just to setup the linux workstation with speech just so I can flash the card, so I'm hoping somebody local can do it if I send them the CF card.

Thanks,

Jim

brj

Re: Any linux gurus available for a quick job?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2010, 04:55 am »
Hi Jim.

I only had a second to scan the link you mentioned, but at first glance, it looks like everything can be done via a Live CD, in which case I might be able to help.  (I'm restricted in what I can do with my Linux workstation at the office, and I haven't rebuilt my home system yet.  A Live CD loaded into my WindowsXP based work laptop may very well avoid those problems, however - depending on some storage considerations and how MPD needs to be installed.)

The only problem is that I'm heading out of town for a vacation later this week and thus won't be able to even think about it until toward the end of the month.  If you don't find anyone by that point, however, let me know and I'll try and take a closer look.

Good luck!

-Brian

jrebman

Re: Any linux gurus available for a quick job?
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2010, 01:24 pm »
Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me, and yes, a live CD should do it.  I'll let you know if I find somebody in the mean time, but if not I'll be in touch when you return from your trip.

Thanks,

Jim