I absolutely LOVE my BePure 2s

TKonrad.NOLA

I absolutely LOVE my BePure 2s
« on: 20 Oct 2022, 06:32 pm »
I love listening to them.  I love looking at them.  I think I have played them everyday since they arrived in my home.  This is my 3rd pair of Jim's speakers and easily my favorites.

rowdyrobot

Re: I absolutely LOVE my BePure 2s
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2022, 10:08 pm »
Sweet! They look beautiful too! I have my first pair (Song3-A) on order and my excitement is through the roof as I wait.

AllanS

« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2022, 11:27 pm »
I think what I appreciate the most is the subtleties.  For me it’s less about what I’m hearing and more about where I hear it coming from.

WGH

« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2022, 11:32 pm »
This is my 3rd pair of Jim's speakers and easily my favorites.

What were the other 2 pair? And why do you love these more?

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2022, 01:40 am »
What were the other 2 pair? And why do you love these more?

First pair were supercharged song towers, 2nd pair were a pair of Silks.  Both of those used the same RAAL tweeter so the top end was the same but I preferred the mids on the Silks over those of the SCST.  The Silks were just more to my liking.  I think it might have to do with me preferring paper cones over metal ones.  I like these even more because they dig deeper and like the Silks, the mids are even better to my ears, just otherworldly to me.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2022, 08:01 pm by TKonrad.NOLA »

SlushPuppy

« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2022, 03:07 pm »
I love listening to them.  I love looking at them.  I think I have played them everyday since they arrived in my home.  This is my 3rd pair of Jim's speakers and easily my favorites.

Congrats!  :thumb:

DFpritchard

« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2022, 05:07 pm »
I second that emotion.  Previously owned the Song3s with the RAAL ribbon.  I find the upper and mids much more rounded with the Be tweeter than the RAAL. Most notably to my ears is that the treble edges are gone.  Listening to Wake Up to Find Out (Grateful Dead at Nassau County Coliseum, 3/29/90) as I write this.  As effortlessly as the BePure2s reproduce music, they manage to convey the energy and space of a live performance better than anything I have heard. Add in the extra bass extension with the Purifi woofers and Jim's unmatched artisanship with the cabinets and he has achieved the impossible: I have stopped buying hi-fi (is that still a term?) equipment. 

Enjoy the music!