NFL 2022/23

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: NFL 2022/23
« Reply #20 on: 25 Sep 2022, 11:59 pm »
I saw the Packers/Buccaneers.

Iggles really beat up on Washington.

twitch54

« Reply #21 on: 26 Sep 2022, 01:55 pm »
Agreed Beagles looked good but then Wentz and the Redskins looked like garbage, good D. Snyder is a turd.......

Bills choked, we're used to it by now

rodge827

« Reply #22 on: 3 Oct 2022, 03:52 am »
Only one undefeated team remaining Fly Iggles Fly!
Feels good right now and there is a lot of ball to be played. Hopefully they stay healthy and continue on this run.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #23 on: 3 Oct 2022, 10:13 am »
Feels good right now and there is a lot of ball to be played. Hopefully they stay healthy and continue on this run.

Yes, still a long season, but in the lead at the quarter mile pole isn't terrible at all.   And they were down 0-14 early then came back to win decisively against the surging Jaguars.  Hurts is really coming into his own and showing off that cannon as well as his legs.

My other team is on the opposite end of the scale.  The Steelers haven't won a game in their newly renamed Acrisure stadium even after breaking out their new QB Kenny Pickett.  Nothing seems to help this sad sack team, even the lowly Jets looked good against them.  Will we have the Curse of Heinz Field and not win a home game this year?

twitch54

« Reply #24 on: 3 Oct 2022, 05:05 pm »

I like Hurts and living outside Philly as I do now I see a lot of press on the Birds. If they stay healthy I see no reason why they shouldn't win the East and the NFC. Their schedule at this point looks easy but time will tell as the season progresses. Right now the majority of strength is in the AFC.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #25 on: 9 Oct 2022, 10:58 am »
I like Hurts and living outside Philly as I do now I see a lot of press on the Birds. If they stay healthy I see no reason why they shouldn't win the East and the NFC. Their schedule at this point looks easy but time will tell as the season progresses. Right now the majority of strength is in the AFC.

We'll see how it goes against the cowgirls next week.

twitch54

« Reply #26 on: 14 Oct 2022, 02:06 pm »
We'll see how it goes against the cowgirls next week.

Yep, big matchups this weekend Cowgirls at the Eagles and Bills at the Chiefs , go Birds and Bills !!

jjss49

« Reply #27 on: 14 Oct 2022, 05:30 pm »
amazing when dac prescott broke his thumb they said the cowboys season was over.... that's why they play the damn games  :duh: :lol: :roll:

chiefs bills should be epic, once again, two best multi dimensional gunslingers in the game facing off!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 16 Oct 2022, 09:58 pm »
The Giants are surprising everyone so this season.
Hope they can keep it up, I think they're gaining confidence in themselves.

jjss49

« Reply #29 on: 16 Oct 2022, 10:20 pm »

and the jets!  who woulda thunk???

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #30 on: 16 Oct 2022, 11:00 pm »
What's that smell?
Subway Bowl!

FireGuy

« Reply #31 on: 17 Oct 2022, 01:08 am »
Josh Allan and the Bills have now beaten KC two out of three.  All in the Chief's house.  Debate for now is over in the AFC.  MVP if voted today is def JA.  And he's just getting started.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 17 Oct 2022, 10:11 am »
Holy mackerel!  The Eagles are amazing.  They didn't block Micah Parsons on purpose the entire game.  They just made him wrong by scheme on every play.  That's offensive brilliance.  The Cowgirls adjusted well at halftime getting the game close in the fourth quarter, then dropped back in coverage to stifle the Eagle's passing attack, so they just ran every single play right down the field until Dallas came up, then they threw the touchdown.  I wouldn't know how you stop this offense.  Moving to western Pa I don't get the Eagles games so this is the first chance I had to see them this year.  Very impressive.

On other fronts the Steelers won a game finally.  Tampa although suspect was still 8 point favorites.  Now do we have another QB controversy in steeltown?

twitch54

« Reply #33 on: 18 Oct 2022, 01:24 pm »
Josh Allan and the Bills have now beaten KC two out of three.  All in the Chief's house.  Debate for now is over in the AFC.  MVP if voted today is def JA.  And he's just getting started.

No, the debate isn't over, not until the next victory over KC is a playoff one !!   :D

Agreed on the Eagles but they do need to make better half time adj with regards to their offense, too little second half production.

jjss49

« Reply #34 on: 19 Oct 2022, 03:31 pm »
kc buffalo games will stay on knife edge each time they play, the teams are equally matched, a bounce of the ball, a key play or two will make the difference in every face-off

eagles look good now, they have a weak schedule, will no doubt finish regular season with impressive record, if they stay healthy... but as we all know, the true measure of the team's quality is playoff performance, so we shall see...  playoff games get more focus, eagles rpo attack fairly novel in the league presently and not easy to prep for during the regular season merry go round... playoffs once again likely to be a different story

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #35 on: 19 Oct 2022, 05:56 pm »

Go Big Blue!!

George

twitch54

« Reply #36 on: 31 Oct 2022, 09:27 pm »
Josh Allen had a sub-par second half but the Bills still got past the hapless Packers .........

FireGuy

« Reply #37 on: 1 Nov 2022, 10:42 am »
Josh Allen had a sub-par second half but the Bills still got past the hapless Packers .........

Yes.  Grade A fist half, barely a C in the second.  More to me though like the Bills decreased the throttle and coasted to the finish line.  It's not the first time this team has done that. 

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #38 on: 1 Nov 2022, 11:37 am »
My sons are big Steeler fans, as am I, but I also lived in Philly for thirty years, season tickets and all.  I tried explaining what was going to happen on Sunday in Philadelphia, but they had hope.  On the talk shows and social media feeds the yinzers have finally given up the ghost, the season is over, nothing will fix it this year, nobody's firing or benching will turn into wins.

Last night Cincy was exposed.  They don't have an O line that can protect Burrows and don't have a passing attack without Chase.  Except for the aforementioned Steelers the AFC North is wide open.

twitch54

« Reply #39 on: 8 Nov 2022, 05:56 pm »