JUST JOINED

Loheswaran

• Howdee
JUST JOINED
« on: 23 May 2022, 04:30 pm »
Hi Guys
I joined this forum as it appears to be the most well informed for Well Tempered Labs equipment.

I am thinking about getting a WT arm which i am thinking of pairing with a JVC TT101 DD in my own plinth. The one i've been offered has LP labs mods.

Out of interest is there a special wrap put around the arm or is it simply a clear heatshrink?

Also do the wires run in or outside the arm with LP mods?

thanks

Loheswaran

DerekC503

Re: JUST JOINED
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2022, 07:01 pm »
Welcome !

mick wolfe

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2022, 07:52 pm »
Not to be a stick in the mud, but most of what you ask could only be answered by the seller or LP Labs. (if they still exist)
Most if not all here have stock or near stock integrated WT arm/turntables from various generations. Never hurts to ask as someone may eventually chime in, but it's a long shot to be honest.

Loheswaran

• Howdee
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2022, 10:05 pm »
Hi Mick

Well - funny you should say...
LP mods no longer do the mods - i joined this forum because LP sometimes chimes in on this forum.
in any event I thought forums were all about banter and discussion  :wink:

mick wolfe

« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2022, 11:01 pm »
Well, with any luck, maybe someone from LP Lab will spot your post and respond. That is if they're still active here. Other than that, maybe you could mention the vintage of the WT arm. Some here might have that arm and possibly be able to shed some light....even if it's not modded.
In regard to AudioCircle, it's one of the friendliest and most civil of any audio forum I've experienced. It's just that you've presented very obscure questions that no one has the knowledge to answer. (as least yet)

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2022, 01:13 am »

mick wolfe

« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2022, 02:52 pm »
Outside and clear shrink wrap according to this:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/well-tempered-arm-robert-harley-january-1992

Great find  :thumb:  Seems to cover what was asked.

Flyin_V

« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2022, 08:31 pm »
Good find Steve. I'm a bit surprised it's still around.  Audiophilia.com is gone these days, as is the review of my WTA carbon fiber armtube.

Looks like Loheswaran has the info he was looking for. That Stereophile review is the same version as the arm he is getting so he'll get a good sense of how it sounds.

Good listening all.
Lary
LP Lab (Retired)

Loheswaran

• Howdee
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2022, 09:56 pm »
Hi guys

Sorry I have not looked at the thread as I was lucky enough to have an exchange with Lary himself. Very nice guy I hasten to add.

I got the arm - perhaps needs a little clean - it has a full manual with the geometry in it. An't wait to try it out. The VDH silver wire is apparently great stuff, and given the arm mechanics/design I am going to leave the cables well alone and just enjoy.

I am intending to match/mount it to my JVC TT101.

Lohan

VinceT

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jun 2022, 10:09 pm »
Welcome, and let us know how your mod goes!

Loheswaran

• Howdee
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jun 2022, 08:30 pm »
Well I’ve found a Cnc machinist who will help with the final product - wish me luck 🍀