RSL Speedwoofer 10

oskar

RSL Speedwoofer 10
« on: 4 Mar 2022, 03:19 pm »
I'm wondering if anyone here has experience and can share their opinion on this sub?
Thanks

Doublej

Re: RSL Speedwoofer 10
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2022, 04:37 pm »
They have announced a new one which is shipping this month. I have an original 10S that I use for music with a pair of JBL LSR305 active monitors in a nearfield listening environment in a small room. It's the first subwoofer I have owned. I really like it. It's freaky to me that the bass "comes out" of the JBLs.

I have the subwoofer positioned on the side wall about 3 feet behind my listening position at the moment. I have used the 10S with both a wired and wireless connection. I like the wired connection better. I am not sure this is due the elimination of the latency that you have with the wireless transmitter, the fact that there is a low pass crossover with the wired connection or just expectation bias.

What specifically would you like to know about it?

RonN5

« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2022, 07:12 pm »
My son had a 10s for a couple months to pair with his Salk HT1-TL in a medium sized room...never really got it to pair well and sound good...and didn't go very deep...so he sent it back and went with an SVS SB2000 Pro....far better in every way...and unfortunately, double the price. 

You could try the Speedwoofer and return it if it doesn't fit the bill but one of the great things about the SVS is the 3 band individually adjustable, parametric equalizer that can be adjusted by an app on your phone.

Good luck.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2022, 07:42 pm »
I have a pair of the 10s in use with diy sealed bookshelf speakers. They're good for music, not for movies imo. I listen at normal levels, not pounding. I prefer a vented box sub to sealed or passive radiators for realistic sounding music. I also wanted high level inputs, which they have, and they were under $1k delivered. Hope they last a few years. :D

oskar

« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar 2022, 02:46 pm »
The reviews on this sub have been very good.
They say 'not just good for the money but very good overall'.
So if you had a grand to spend would you get 2 of these or a single $1000. sub?
These will be for music playback. I play my TV through the stereo but don't need theatre like sound.
Thanks again.

oskar

« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2022, 02:49 pm »
Also I plan to get the GR NX Studios in here one day.
How would they mate with them?

Doublej

« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar 2022, 03:29 pm »
If I was going to spend a grand for subwoofer(s) i would get two Speedwoofers. They should have no problem mating with the NX Studios.

Here's what REL has to say about using two subs for music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl_QUT-uWqo

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #7 on: 5 Mar 2022, 05:57 pm »
If you are looking for maximum output and max room pressurization, then a big giant woofer in the corner will do that best.  If you are going for max quality with music then a pair of subwoofers placed semi-near the speakers will be better.  If the subs are open baffle, it is even better for music (this is my approach in my 2 systems). 

If I were forced to use box subs again, I'd do 2 smaller subs near the main speakers, and then over time I'd buy 2 more subs and place them randomly throughout the room to create a nice swarm approach.  The swarm approach gets the smoothest, most even bass loading in a room with box subs. 

oskar

« Reply #8 on: 6 Mar 2022, 04:16 pm »
Well I just went to RSL site and they're sold out ?!

Doublej

« Reply #9 on: 6 Mar 2022, 08:45 pm »
Well I just went to RSL site and they're sold out ?!

They have been selling out very quickly. If you want one or two of them then I suggest you sign up for pre-ordering when they let you and then as soon as you can order you do so without delay.

Daryl Zero

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2022, 09:51 pm »
I got the new RSL Speedwoofer for my modest home theater set up after seeing reviews on them and, boy am I impressed. Now I don't want room shaking anything, I just want the low end to be present and to be tight and heck yeah do I have it. It blends in easy and wonderfully. I can't recommend it more. 

Doublej

« Reply #11 on: 15 Oct 2022, 09:57 pm »
I was even more impressed with RSL after watching this Audioholics interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ZOoBPjv-U

meurich10@yahoo.com

« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2023, 01:48 am »
I have a speedwoofer I pair with a set of Ascend Acoustics Serria 2EXs I use for music mostly.  I think they sound great and were easy to pair.  I would highly recommend RSL as a good company to deal with I have a set of CG23s and I like them but I demoed some CG25s and sent them back.  They were great to deal with.  If you can get a speedwoofer why not try it ?  They have an at-home trial and will take it back.

AllanS

« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2023, 02:32 am »
I don’t have any experience with their subs but wouldn’t hesitate to try if I was looking.  I have a pair of CG4 and a CG24 that I like real well.  They sound good.  Build quality is first class, especially considering the price point and the people are first class.