Bdp-1 error 09

gil99

Bdp-1 error 09
« on: 20 Jan 2022, 02:51 pm »
Hi,
Last night got a power failure, this morning I start up my BDP but got an error 09 with a 190 under the 09 error.  Disconnect all my drive and unplug the power for a minute and restart the player with no drive connected and still have the 09 error. Try 3 time with the same result.  What would be the next step. 
Thank you
Gilles

jobiwon

Re: Bdp-1 error 09
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2022, 03:40 pm »

gil99

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2022, 06:48 pm »
Thanks, I already read those link and it did not work.  It was running without an itch before the power failure last night.  I did not change anything, just restarted the player and got the error.  I also try restarting it with any drive connected to it and still have the 09 error.  Will replace the battery to see if it solve the problem. 

Gilles

canuck5

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2022, 08:45 pm »
I had the error on my a couple of years ago, at that time was using USB drives connected to the USB ports.  Took it up to Bryston and checked out OK.  Since I had a large volume of music on my hardrives, was told that the BDP1 wasn't designed for large volumes of music and they suggested that I upgrade to BDP2 or use a NAS (network attached storage) hard drive.  I went with the NAS and has been working with no error 9 code.  Hope that helps.

vonnie123

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2022, 10:45 pm »
Hi,
Last night got a power failure, this morning I start up my BDP but got an error 09 with a 190 under the 09 error.  Disconnect all my drive and unplug the power for a minute and restart the player with no drive connected and still have the 09 error. Try 3 time with the same result.  What would be the next step. 
Thank you
Gilles

Did you open the device and disconnect/reconnect the serial cable?  Clean the contacts when you have the top off.

gil99

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2022, 11:28 pm »
Hi all,
BDP-1 now working fine.  Open the top and replace the battery, made sure the cable were seated properly, which they seem o.k., close the top and connect everything and it started nicely.  Thanks to all. (Curious the battery went dead after a power outage.)

Gilles