Help Identifying an ACI 12” driver/woofer

Riversruns

Help Identifying an ACI 12” driver/woofer
« on: 1 Sep 2020, 01:49 am »
Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the boards here-I’ve been helping a family friend clear out a storage unit, and there has been a good amount of quality Hi-Fi gear that we’ve had to sort through. Today, I came across this, in a box within a box, looking very fresh and unused. I can find no more identifying marks on it than the Audio Concepts branding, and a serial number on the reverse of the cone, and a serial number on the magnet. I can’t find any markings that would point me to a specific model (AC12 for instance), but I’m a newcomer. Hoping someone here can help me? Thanks in advance. Posting pictures, hope they come through alright.

Mike Dzurko

Re: Help Identifying an ACI 12” driver/woofer
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2020, 08:12 pm »
Does it say anything on the outside of the box?  It's not an AC12. MIGHT be a prototype. When we were liquidating we sold all the various prototype models that we had sitting around. I don't remember a stamped frame 12" that used that large of a mag structure. Wish I could be more help!

Riversruns

Re: Help Identifying an ACI 12” driver/woofer
« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2020, 11:02 pm »
Wow!

Hi Mike!

Thank you for your reply. As to your question, there is absolutely zero marking’s present anywhere on the box, inside or out. I was hoping for that when I went in for a full investigation the night of the original post. Nothing at all though.

Perhaps it’s “prototype #24”? If that would make sense re:your tracking and development system when you were studying new models. That little white round sticker on the back of the magnet  is the only other thing that could help ID it and it looks like it could possibly say “24”

Does that handwriting look familiar?  :wink:

Thanks for your reply!