Modwright Transporter without a preamp?

scp2

Modwright Transporter without a preamp?
« on: 2 Sep 2010, 04:22 pm »
My preamp just shot craps and I thought I read somewhere you could hook the MWTP direct to your amp and use the volume on the TP  and not use a preamp. I tried it and it didn't work. Did I do something wrong or am I totally off base?

Any help is appreciated.

Berto

Re: Modwright Transporter without a preamp?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2010, 04:37 pm »
My preamp just shot craps and I thought I read somewhere you could hook the MWTP direct to your amp and use the volume on the TP  and not use a preamp. I tried it and it didn't work. Did I do something wrong or am I totally off base?

Any help is appreciated.

Great ? to ask Dan the man himself.  That digital volume will def. degrade your sound quality. If you don't need the gain/multiple inputs or bal interconnects, I did see someone on a/c selling a cheap remote passive which he said bettered alot of high price pre's. Could be a great option.

Personnally, I run mine direct to amps but got a built in volume control on the amp side and not having a preamp in my system is the best preamp I've ever had.

mshan

« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2010, 04:54 pm »
Luminous Audio has single input passive pre usually listed on Audiogon.

scp2

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2010, 05:08 pm »
I would just do it as a temporary fix while pre is in the shop. I need HT bypass.  I was wandering if the TP would work without the pre. I may have to call Dan.