New Force XL-Is it dead or just sleeping?

bgavinski

New Force XL-Is it dead or just sleeping?
« on: 1 Oct 2006, 12:43 am »
It always happens on the weekend! I came back from a business trip and turned on my new (less than ten real hours) Force XL and (gasp!) no sound. The red light stays red (does not turn to green). This is probably not good. Is there a quick fix? I have an email into ACI but I am a little antsy....

Any advice?

BG
 :scratch:

Mike Dzurko

Re: New Force XL-Is it dead or just sleeping?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2006, 02:54 pm »
BG:

Try switching off, unplug, pull any inputs and re-install, and then plug it back in and turn it on.

bgavinski

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2006, 03:32 pm »
Mike,

Thanks for the reply. After leaving the unit unplugged and totally unconnected overnight I did as you recommended and still no green light. I even used different outlet in the hope that might make a difference.

Thanks

Brian

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2006, 04:35 pm »
Shoot! Sorry about that . . .  we will get you up and running ASAP. Give the office a call tomorrow at 608 784 4570 or email service@audioc.com and we'll get it taken care of. Again, sorry you have to wait!

bgavinski

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2006, 04:41 pm »
Mike,

Not a problem. I appreciate the help. I have sent an email.

Thanks

Brian

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #5 on: 2 Oct 2006, 03:22 pm »
Brian:

Thought of one more thing . . .  what happens if you remove everything from the inputs and turn it on?

bgavinski

« Reply #6 on: 2 Oct 2006, 05:25 pm »
Mike,

Same thing... just the red light.

Brian

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #7 on: 2 Oct 2006, 05:46 pm »
Mike,

Same thing... just the red light.

Brian

Sounds like an amp problem. Only other possibility is an internal wiring problem. Do you feel comfortable removing the amp? (just takes six screws). Let me know and I'll lead you through it . . . it will save you time and trouble if we can isolate if it is the amp or the driver. . . easier to ship an amp or driver than the whole package

bgavinski

« Reply #8 on: 3 Oct 2006, 11:16 am »
Mike,

Sounds good to me however I am traveling until Friday. Would be possible to ship the new amp unit (charge my credit card of course) and then I will swap out and ship back the old unit on Friday? This would expedite matters greatly.

Brian

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #9 on: 3 Oct 2006, 12:58 pm »
Mike,

Sounds good to me however I am traveling until Friday. Would be possible to ship the new amp unit (charge my credit card of course) and then I will swap out and ship back the old unit on Friday? This would expedite matters greatly.

Brian

We should be able to do that, and I don't think we need to charge your card.

bgavinski

Re: New Force XL-Is it dead or just sleeping?- Resolved
« Reply #10 on: 26 Oct 2006, 09:10 pm »
Just a final word. ACI replaced the amp in the Force XL very quickly and at no cost to me. Excellent customer service!!! I am very pleased with the sub too!

BG