Sapphire or Protege V?

Dave918

Sapphire or Protege V?
« on: 2 Mar 2005, 11:40 am »
Feeling the need for a new set of speakers, but they will have to pull duty in both 2-channel and multi-channel modes. Wondering what the differences between the Sapphire and Protege V are and which may be better suited for that environment? They will be mated with a pair of Emeralds for the multi-channel stuff, center to come later and the sub is an older down firing Infinity 12".

Thanks,
dave

Harry P

Re: Sapphire or Protege V?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2005, 12:27 pm »
Quote from: Dave918
Feeling the need for a new set of speakers, but they will have to pull duty in both 2-channel and multi-channel modes. Wondering what the differences between the Sapphire and Protege V are and which may be better suited for that environment? They will be mated with a pair of Emeralds for the multi-channel stuff, center to come later and the sub is an older down firing Infinity 12".

Thanks,
dave

Dave, here';s my mini review of the Protege and Sapphire;

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=15200

Dave918

Sapphire or Protege V?
« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2005, 01:21 pm »
Interesting, thanks Harry P. Sounds like having Proteges for the front and center, my Emeralds in the rear and a Force sub would make for a very impresive system.

-dave

hectic1

Re: Sapphire or Protege V?
« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2005, 03:17 am »

Thanks,
dave

Hey Dave,

I have a pair of Sapphire XL's here and as good as the  25th anniversary Sapphires were, they can't hold a candle IMO to the XL's...they are much more detailed, dynamic, and transparent...have I mentioned how nice the cabinets are??? If I were you, I would wait to see when Mike will have the new Sapphires available...I think, well actually I know, they are going to be a huge hit! I will have a pair of these in my system one day! :D

Dave918

Sapphire or Protege V?
« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2005, 02:28 pm »
That's an idea hectic1, although the new XL's maybe just out of my reach. Will have to wait and see I guess and save my pennies.

Will there be a wood finish option available for the XL's? Piano finishes are very nice, but I'm a wood kinda guy  :D

-dave

Mike Dzurko

Sapphire or Protege V?
« Reply #5 on: 3 Mar 2005, 02:51 pm »
Dave:

You've gotten good advice from a couple of different perspectives. If I can help you sort out what will be best for you, email me directly at

miked@audioc.com

Have a great day!

Dave918

Sapphire or Protege V?
« Reply #6 on: 3 Mar 2005, 03:50 pm »
E-mail sent. Thanks Mike

-dave

Mike Dzurko

Sapphire or Protege V?
« Reply #7 on: 3 Mar 2005, 08:12 pm »
E-mail sent. Thanks Mike

-dave

Dave, pretty buried today, won't even make it home until after 9:00, will try to get as much email done as possible then but it might be a day or so. Thanks!

Dave918

Sapphire or Protege V?
« Reply #8 on: 3 Mar 2005, 08:18 pm »
No problem Mike .

-dave