Sapphire XL to be reviewed by 6 moons.

Groch

« Reply #20 on: 15 Apr 2005, 07:43 pm »
GREAT Review

While I too would have liked some measurements, the review made two comments on ACI products that really hit home.  

First was the description of ACIs history of building accurate loudspeakers that frequently outperform more expensive competitors.  

Second was his description of the ACI Sound  
The ACI Sapphire XL's most salient attributes boil down to its big, open, neutral and color-free presentation. Its smoothly extended and grain-free treble and overall coherence lends a smooth sophistication that is rare in this price class. Nothing about it stands out except its across-the-board evenhandedness.

Both of these comments match my limited experience with ACI Sapphires.  I have owned a lot of speakers that sounded great, most recently Kef Reference 201.  I am no longer impressed by speakers that sound great, I am interested in speakers that disappear and leave nothing between me and the music.  The reviewer picked up on that, and I think its one strong reason for ACIs continued success.   The Kefs are being sold and some XLs are on order. Congratulations Mike.

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
« Reply #21 on: 17 Apr 2005, 12:51 am »
Nice Feather Mike - You deserve it!

E