HALO 2 has been stolen

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
HALO 2 has been stolen
« on: 18 Oct 2004, 11:01 pm »
I heard this while playing Ghost Recon this weekend. Anyone know more about it, which platform, will this affect release date?

bob82274

HALO 2 has been stolen
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2004, 11:25 pm »
It's true... it was stolen and put out on the internet.  Halo 2 is only going to be out for Xbox first.  But the version that was stolen was the French version.  I don't think it will affect things all that much.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
HALO 2 has been stolen
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2004, 11:28 pm »
Hope it doesn't impact things.

Halo 2 will push me to get my X-box going again and play a little bit.

George

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
HALO 2 has been stolen
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2004, 11:39 pm »
Master Chief should not speak French! :nono:  :lol:

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
HALO 2 has been stolen
« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2004, 01:16 am »
 -- you got that right, soldier!

bob82274

HALO 2 has been stolen
« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2004, 02:45 am »
Yea the biggest difference between the two versions is that in the French version he surrenders to the Covenent instead of fighting them. :P

Don't think that I'd want to play that game...

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
HALO 2 has been stolen
« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2004, 02:48 am »
Quote from: bob82274
Yea the biggest difference between the two versions is that in the French version he surrenders to the Covenent instead of fighting them. :P

Don't think that I'd want to play that game...

Don't you mean surrender, help out the Covenent, and complain about how long it took to be freed from the Covenent?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

George

bubba966

HALO 2 has been stolen
« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2004, 06:36 am »
Quote from: zybar
Hope it doesn't impact things.

It shouldn't.

5,500,000 copies have been pressed already.

I last talked to an employee last week, and heard nothing of the theft. But if it happened over the weekend, then I certainly wouldn't have heard anything last Thursday.

I'm not terribly surprised about it. That's a lot of copies to be pressed, and it was pressed in Mexico if I'm remembering right. I'm wondering if someone figured that a copy or two wouldn't be missed. Or if someone paid to have a copy lifted from the pressing plant.... :scratch:

ooheadsoo

HALO 2 has been stolen
« Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2004, 06:40 am »
I think it's usually the advance copies that the press get so that they can put out a review on the day of release that usually gets leaked.  Plenty of games get leaked weeks in advance, it's just that this one's got MS behind it.

bubba966

HALO 2 has been stolen
« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2004, 06:47 am »
Quote from: ooheadsoo
I think it's usually the advance copies that the press get so that they can put out a review on the day of release that usually gets leaked.

True, that could very well be the case as well. There were a (what I thought to be) large amount of copies that were sent out for review. But I'm too tired to remember if it was 120 or 240 copies.