DEBRA Distributed-EQ Bass Reflex Array, T.H.E. Show Las Vegas

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
We thank Brian Cheney of VMPS and "EJ" of Wyred4Sound for hosting primeVibe's DEBRA Distributed-EQ Bass Reflex Array (or HERE if you prefer drooling on high-end guitar images and listening to the world's best jazz guitars) at T.H.E. Show, Flamingo Hotel, Lake Mead Rooms 1 and 2, Las Vegas Nevada, 10-13 January 2012.

We will setup with VMPS' flagship RM50 towers powered by James Bongiorno's Award Winning Ampzilla amplification.  Wyred4Sound brings, among many other treats, their 500W monoblocks and state of the art network music server system.     

Please stop by and introduce yourself.  There will be live music performed with live vs. recorded sessions engineered by my friend/pro engineer James Harger.  Performance sessions will be brief followed quickly by playback to make comparisons easier. 

We'll bring a sample of our $79 primeVibe seasoning device for all guitars and all violin family instruments, winner of Music Inc's "Best New MI Accessory of 2011".

jriggy

DEBRA sounds very interesting...  :idea:

saisunil

Sounds good ... But not at the expense of putting almost all other solutions down ...
If the claim is true ... One would get deep bass in a home setting without the need for any room treatment - of course the five boxes alone would take considerable floor space.

I would like to hear an implementation to say the least.

jriggy

If the claim is true ... One would get deep bass in a home setting without the need for any room treatments

That is the one thing I dismissed... Maybe a lack of a lot of bass absorbers would be needed but Im sure ones room would still need other normal treatments for the mids and highs. I didn't take it to mean "no treatments at all" even though it basically stated that. No way they meant that.

Personally, I find the 4 (not 5) boxes to be of very manageable size for real world placement. Maybe even easier --in some rooms-- than a bunch of thick bass absorbers.