wshuff

Happy New Year and . . .
« on: 1 Jan 2006, 04:24 pm »
how goes the new job?

Brian Bunge

Happy New Year and . . .
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2006, 12:25 pm »
Stacy,

Sorry for not responding sooner!  Happy New Year to you as well!  The new job is going pretty well and I'm starting to look at my options for setting up a wood shop again now that I'm starting to settle into life here in Central Florida!  

I'm seriously thinking about cutting back, streamlining things and building up a product line from scratch.  I want to keep my Micros, have a nice, small bookshelf speaker, and one or two small subs.  I think this would be a good starting point for me and allow me to build up a line from there.  

If you've got any input I'd love to hear it.  Anyone else, feel free to chime in a well!

Jason1

Happy New Year and . . .
« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2006, 01:42 am »
I think it would make the most sense to come out with a speaker that establishes your audio philosophy, and create from that theory. Al at RAW recently established himself with slim designs that feature xbl^2 woofers and ribbon tweeters.

I hope you come up with something soon, you do great work.

Brian Bunge

Happy New Year and . . .
« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2006, 02:41 pm »
Jason,

That's what I hope to do.  I'll finally be moving into a place where I can setup my woodshop again and start doing test boxes again.  

My goal is to design a line of speakers around the Dayton RS line of drivers that give big sound but still are slim and aesthetically pleasing.  I've really grown to love the sound of metal cones as long as the crossover is properly implemented.

Thanks again for the compliments!  I really do appreciate it!

RAW

Happy New Year and . . .
« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2006, 04:00 pm »
Brian.

All the best my friend in the new location :mrgreen:

I just sent that PPM for you.

wshuff

Happy New Year and . . .
« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2006, 04:34 pm »
Brian,

I must have missed the email alert telling me that somebody had responded to my post.  Glad to know that you're getting settled in and things are going well.  I don't know that I can really give you any input, but I do look forward to seeing pics of whatever you put together (did you ever finish those massive Dayton speakers?)

One warning now that you are living in Florida.  They have lizards that grow really big, and have really sharp teeth and powerful jaws.  Always look before you jump in the pool.

Best of luck with getting things set up.