$15 for a used Knack LP?

BikeWNC

$15 for a used Knack LP?
« on: 25 Mar 2004, 03:46 am »
I went by my local music store which isn't much of a store but it apparently has a new owner so I thought I'd check it out.  I had heard that there was some vinyl and indeed he had several hundred records.  I started looking through the racks and realized these "near mint" as they were labeled LPs were priced at $15.  The woman next to me had picked out THE KNACK.  I asked her if she would really pay that for a used copy of the 80s band that gave us My Sharona and she said "sure, why not?"  Because you could get it on ebay for a lot less I said.  Anyway, these records were not my idea of "near mint" as most of my personal collection is in better shape than these for $15.  

So, am I out of touch on the price of used vinyl?  Would you pay $15 for a used copy of THE KNACK?

Andy

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
$15 for a used Knack LP?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2004, 06:44 am »
What are you , crazy !!! :lol: She should of went to the nearest garage sale , and for about a buck, could of picked up this "classic". (not like the Knack is hard to find!).

ohenry

$15 for a used Knack LP?
« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2004, 01:05 pm »
Most dealers I've seen around Charlotte and Atlanta would charge $5-$7 for something like that.  I have a feeling the new management at your local store isn't going to be in the vinyl business very long.

But it is a perception of the inexperienced that finding vinyl is difficult and, therefore, worth inflated prices.  It's always a hoot to see folks drooling over mediocre lp's and 78's exclaiming their value and uniqueness.  :wink:  Unfortunately for the store, that perception is short-lived.

ABEX

$15 for a used Knack LP?
« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2004, 01:24 am »
Let's see , I'd take $8 for every LP I have and that comes out to $16K.

Damn,maybe my original Sgt.Peppers is worth $20!

I saw a Plimsouls(LA Collage Band) going for something like $20 in Boston 10yrs. ago and it is rare.I wonder if I could get $1 for it now.

My Sharona! I would not have given them a dime for it,but for those who are crazed about the older stuff they know well it is worth it to them I guess.

Just thinking!