Review or video demo of Omnia S1

RichWenzel

Review or video demo of Omnia S1
« on: 8 Nov 2020, 08:42 am »
Hello,

Is anyone aware of any demo videos or reviews of the Omnia S1? My currenty streamer is a JF Destiny, but the company doesn't really support it. I was considering the Lindemann Limetree Bridge (but they force upsample), Stack Audio Link II (they seem to have software issues), Allo Digital USBridge, and maybe the Arcam ST60 when it comes out, and then I remembered over a year ago expecting something from Nuprime. I have the CD8T which I like a lot (though the i2s doesn't agree with my Audio-GD dac, even though both say they are PSAudio compliant), so I am very interested in the Omnia.

Unfortunately though, there doesn't seem to be much information except what is here or on the Nuprime website. So I was hoping for some third party reviews or maybe even distributor/dealer/company demo of the product.

rustydoglim

Re: Review or video demo of Omnia S1
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2020, 11:07 pm »
We are switching Omnia S1 from Android OS to Linux and just made a firmware release.
With the Linux version, it is purely a DLNA server and renderer.  So if you don't have local high res music files, you don't need Omnia S1.

RichWenzel

Re: Review or video demo of Omnia S1
« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2020, 08:39 am »
Thank you for the response.

Most of my listening is via an external hdd. It's mostly standard redbook (mostly ripped using EAC). I do have a some high-res, but minimal.