Spires

LouD

Spires
« on: 31 Oct 2003, 04:48 am »
So what's the story on the Spires http://www.creativesound.ca? Nice price, nice form factor, how do they sound?

Danny Richie

Spires
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2003, 04:43 pm »
When I listened to them at the VSAC show they sounded very good. Too good for what they cost.

They need a sub of coarse but with a sub these would be great home theater speakers.

I believe after the listening season at VSAC, AL was going to make some changes to the wiring order and rework the networks to further their performance. I am not sure if he has had time to go back through them yet.

Pretty nice shape and look too.

LouD

will you be selling them
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2003, 08:05 pm »
and will there be a soniccap upgrade?

Danny Richie

Funny
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2003, 08:23 pm »
The company offering the Spires (Creative Sound Solutions) is not a Sonicap distributor, and I have no idea what values are used or will be used in the final crossover design for these.

I will of coarse be glad to sell any end user whatever value Sonicaps they desire if they would like to use them in that or any other design.

RAW

Spires
« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2003, 03:40 pm »
The ones I took to VSCA that Danny listened to used a Sonicap in them.
The kits come with a Solen Cap but I do like what detail the Sonic does to the 871 in the high end.
But on the other hand at $99.00 CND per kit for parts like Danny said a smoker of HT system with a Sub.

Al

chriss

Just wondering...
« Reply #5 on: 3 Nov 2003, 01:02 am »
You both mention that these are great HT speakers.How bout music??
Thanks
chris

RAW

Spires
« Reply #6 on: 3 Nov 2003, 03:09 am »
With a sub matched these will do just fine.
I have put a lot of different kinds of vocals as well as Metal up to the Spires and everyone still is just stunned at the cost over the out put of them.

But they need a sub.

Al

LouD

Danny, will you be offering a Spires kit...
« Reply #7 on: 3 Nov 2003, 06:39 pm »
or do we have to go to CSS?

RAW

Spires
« Reply #8 on: 3 Nov 2003, 06:43 pm »
Lou all ordering is done threw CSS.
I can only supply cabinets.

Al