NuPrime Reference Evolution - a breakthrough product with 1M Ohm input impedance

Genez

Jason...

Might we be looking at a new preamp possibly to compliment this series?  Life is too short not to have a great preamp.

I know.  There are some alleged great preamps out there.  But, NuPrime's purpose keeps my radar bleeping.

porsche911

Would love to see a comparison between the REF EVO and MolaMola Kaluga.

Please do not compare Ref Evolution with Hypex NC500 etc.  That's the job of STA-9, STA-6. Or ST-10.
Come on guys, we designed this amp to compete with the best amps in the world, at any freaking price. Bring it on :).

Sorry I went overboard a bit. I have a simple explanation why NuPrime is able to innovate while Hypex and other volume production amp companies don't do (I didn't say they can't)

NuPrime designs amps for its own consumption. Our chief engineer is free to innovate and if the new design costs more, then it goes into a newer model at higher price.
On the other hand, a volume production amp company has to keep its cost low (most of these amp modules are sold way below the retail parts price that you can buy online, at 1000 or 5000 units quantity, it is really really low :)). Sure they can innovate, but that's not their business model. They use large OEM factories to make these boards at low cost, and you just can't make 100 to 200 pieces at a time.

It is like buying a burger from McDonald, even if it is their top of the line Angus beef burger, it is still mass produced, not the same as what you can get from a fine restaurant.

audio.bill

Would love to see a comparison between the REF EVO and MolaMola Kaluga.
Or even better comparing the REF EVO with some of the top cost no object amps i.e. Accuphase, Audionet, Constellation, Soulution, etc. since that's their stated target. Guess we've got to wait until they're actually released before any such comparisons can be made!

alexreusch

Hi Jason,

Would you recommend to combine the Reference Evolution together with the MCH-K38?
- Front Left / Right connected to the Reference Evolution
- Center and Surround connected to the MCH-K38

So for stereo music, I could just use the Reference Evolution and for multichannel (movies) I could add the MCH-K38?
Does this make sense?

Stevegnz

Any news on when we are likelto see the Evo ones, I understand there has been a further delay till the end of May?

rustydoglim

It should be on schedule this time. The delay is caused by the supply chain - CNC and SMT vendors all have backlog, probably some manufacturers moving production from China back to Taiwan due to concern about trade "war" between US and China.  I think those companies probably plan to move anyway, China is no longer the lowest cost manufacturing place where it used to be, a lot of companies are already moving production elsewhere.

Stevegnz

Thank you Jason,

I have placed my order with John at TotallyWired here in NZ and am patiently awaiting their arrival. Poor John has probably had enough of me pestering him as to their release but he has been extremely good to deal with and very excited to hear them also, I gather.

Regards Steve

rustydoglim

There is a pair sent to Germany for next week's High End Show in Munich, and I will take some internal photos.

giordy60

There is a pair sent to Germany for next week's High End Show in Munich, and I will take some internal photos.

the EVO1 has not been seen at Monaco......why ?

rustydoglim

Didn't display because there is no live demo this year. The amps were picked up by one of the distributor.
Photographer took internal photos yesterday and Evo One product page will be up on the website this weekend.

Meicheng

I'm waiting for the trickle-down technology into an IDA-16 type integrated. 

rustydoglim

Evolution One product page is live on the website.
http://nuprimeaudio.com/product/evolution-one

There are more photos to be added tomorrow.
Quite a few design innovations here.  I noticed the capacitor array have a new pattern.

« Last Edit: 22 May 2018, 03:19 pm by rustydoglim »

Spenav

Looking real good!!!

kazsud

Is there a pre-amp version coming?

2bigears

:D yes,,,,, need a preamp too,,,,,, :D

rustydoglim

Working on the preamp etc. 
We have one pair of Evo One going to each country for this week's 1st small production. There is a much bigger production late June. 

alexreusch

Doe the Evolution One come with a remote control or does it support remote controls for power-on/off?

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
It has the usual 12v trigger found in most Power Amplifiers.  There's nothing else to 'control', the unit just amplifies sound from a single input source to a fixed gain.  You cannot rise or lower the volume, nor change sources.

So the only thing you need is a PRE or SOURCE that has a 12v trigger out. If you are thinking of spending $8000 on two monoblocks, I'm sure your PRE will have the trigger out.

alexreusch

OK, thanks. Makes sense. So I need two trigger outs on my PRE.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
Ha! That's a good point... maybe a Y cable is enough?  That would have to be confirmed by someone else though... no idea if the voltage would be halved or if the current would double and may cause issues to the PRE, or some other side effect.