M2Tech on Snow Leopard

Blackmore

M2Tech on Snow Leopard
« on: 11 Feb 2010, 01:28 am »
Anyone had any luck getting rid of the pops and clicks with 10.6.2?  Chris Hoff loaned me his M2Tech and it installed perfectly.  Plays 24/96 no problems except for the pops and clicks during the songs.  Chris smiled and said "sounds like vinyl" but he didn't mean that as a compliment.

I only have 1 G of ram, but the activity monitor only reads 7% so it doesn't appear to be hogging any memory to do its job. 

Thanks
Mark

ferenc_k

Re: M2Tech on Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2010, 09:54 pm »
Is it on the same internal usb hub as the keyboard and mouse? If yes, try another USB port.

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2010, 10:09 pm »
It's on a external powered hub that only has a printer connected.  I'll try switching it to another slot.  Thanks

jaywills

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2010, 12:17 am »
Do you have Parallels installed?  I corresponded with the mfr in Italy when I had a similar problem, and this is what I was told:

"Hello Jay,

by the log you sent us, my programmer has seen you're running parallel. It may be that it's sharing resources with the native OS, i.e. the USB. This could lead to problem. Can you try using hiFace after killing parallel?

Marco"

Removing Parallels from the disk from which I run the hiFace solved the problem for me.  Good luck.  Cordially,

Blackmore

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2010, 12:53 am »
No, I don't have Parallels on my Mac.  I will try killing every app while playing music and see if that helps.