Staggering powerup time on startup of 4 NC400/SMPS600 pairs?

norbert

Hi

I've got 4  NC400/SMPS600 pairs which when powered up trip a newly installed circuitboard based 16amp protection switch (RCBO).

The NC400's all power on after about 2 seconds.  Is there any way to alter the times that the 4 NC400/SMPS600 pairs power up, so they are staggered apart by a few seconds? 

Thanks for any advice!

norbert

PS Sorry to reply to my own post - but I just thought maybe the electrician has wired the neutral back into another RCBO's circuit and when the amps are all turned on, it trips because of leakage not overload protection?

Julf

• Grumpy second cousin of Mark V Shaney
PS Sorry to reply to my own post - but I just thought maybe the electrician has wired the neutral back into another RCBO's circuit and when the amps are all turned on, it trips because of leakage not overload protection?

Sounds like a possibility - I have 4 nc400's (on 2 smps600's) per channel, and no problem with 10 A circuits.

norbert

I reckon so - the amps worked on a different setup circuitboard (without the RCBO's) - I've organised for sparky to come back and check his wiring.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Or post very detailed photos and we can help.   :)

norbert

I ended up getting a contactor/relay put in to handle the switching and its generally OK now