TS33

Zoe

TS33
« on: 10 Mar 2004, 02:43 am »
The Omega website shows the new model TS33 but there is no info or buzz on it anywhere. What does anyone know about that thing?

Louis O

• Facilitator
    • http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com
TS33
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2004, 02:11 pm »
Hi Zoe,

Sorry about the lack of info. I will be posting the specs on the site very soon. I have a lot of work to do on the site.

Originally the Super 3 BPC was made to work with the Zen amp, but it got pretty expensive because of the labor involved with building it. The TS33 is now a lower price option for Decware Zen owners. The Zen amp really likes 4 ohm loads so I came up with the TS33 which uses 2 4.5" full range drivers mounted vertically on the baffle. I use the Grande 6 cabinet and sharing allows me to keep costs down. All the upgraded damping and ports from the Grande 6 is used and the 3" port does a great job with added bass output. Like the BPC, the TS33 can be wired in either 4 or 16 ohms and sounds great with SETs, PP and OTLs. Imaging and soundstaging are very good and the addition of the second driver didn't hurt it in any way. The added driver and increase in volume compared to the Super 3 gives great dynamics and more power handling as well as higher sensitivity at 96 at 4 ohms.

Thanks,
Louis